Macdonald-Miller Facility Solutions
Portland , OR 97224
Posted 1 week ago
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (MacMiller) we make buildings work better. As the Northwests leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With over 1000 employees across 11 offices there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction Engineering, fabrication and install of mechanical systems for new projects following lean construction practices
- Special projects Retrofits and mechanical repairs for existing buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - scheduled preventative maintenance ensuring tenant comfort, and 24/7 emergency response
- Building performance Control systems, fault detection, energy services and remote monitoring
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller, and its because we all share the same Core Culture Values:
- Collaboration Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
- Safety Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, its an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
- Innovation We are committed to continuous, creative problem solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! Take the work seriously, but never taking ourselves too seriously. Its possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Were looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will make engineering designs for some of the many projects we have in the works. In return for hard work and achieving aggressive goals, youll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than youve probably ever had.
Top 3 things to deliver in the first year to be a hero:
- Deliver high quality designs that are fully coordinated, free of errors, and on time
- Meet or beat engineering budgets established on each project
- Communication This job requires a ton of coordination, both written and verbal, between all sorts of internal and external customers.
The Design Engineer role will report to one of our three Engineering Principals on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support our growing business. This highly visible role interacts with all levels and functions within the organization.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have
- 7+ years of experience designing for HVAC or plumbing systems at a mechanical contractor or engineering company.
- Experience designing, performing calculations, selecting equipment, and creating the layout for Mechanical HVAC and Plumbing systems.
- A Bachelors degree or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering.
And everyone you work with should describe you as
- Great communicator and collaborator
- Goal-results oriented
- Tons of initiative and high ownership
- Strong work ethic
- Good mentor for less experienced engineers\
And you should be motivated by
- Contributing your designs to the many exciting projects we take on, in the commercial, public, and healthcare sectors.
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where youll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long term disability.
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Where you will work
Our Portland office (12911 NE Airport Way, Portland OR, 97230) which is 5 minutes from the Portland Airport and Cascade Station and not far from the Downtown corridor, in the heart of the city buzzing with indie boutiques and a creative dining scene ranging from eclectic food trucks to high-end seafood bistros.
Interested to learn more?
If youre ready for an adventure and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation! Or if you know someone who currently works at MacDonald-Miller, reach out to them to get introduced to the team!
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.