Are you an experienced events professional who is adept at both Sales and Production?
Are you looking for more cross functional control and management of your events portfolio?Are you excited by the prospect of taking the next step in your career and holding full P&L responsibility over a growing portfolio of U.S. based events?
Look no further!IQPC Exchange, located in beautiful sunny Tampa Florida, is looking for Top Talent! The Deputy Division Leader role is a fantastic next step for an experienced and talented Senior Events Professional!
IQPC Exchange is looking for a strategic leader with a commercial events background to join its growing Tampa based operations. The Deputy DivisionDirector is a pivotal role within the business that combines excellent people management and motivational skills with a strong entrepreneurial ethos.
Who is IQPC Exchange?
IQPC Exchange is a hugely successful business within the IQPC group. It operates highly sponsored events in Europe and the US. Exchanges focus on outstanding content and a program of one-on-one meetings between pre-qualified delegates and our sponsors. Find out more about work at IQPC athttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeOb9u8UGI4
About the Role: This role is an exciting and logical next step for a commercial production or sales leader, giving them the chance to expand their remit over a cross functional tram and function as the effective managing director for their business portfolio. The role requires excellent people management skills plus a solid understanding of the commercial events world and the levers that drive its profitability. Core responsibilities include:
Strategy Development & Execution
- Determine an annual strategic plan and objectives for the overall division and each event
- Develop a financial forecast taking accountability for overall strategic and financial growth
- Identify event launch and growth opportunities to strengthen the portfolio year on year; conducting in-depth market research and topic validation to determine the commercial viability and go-to-market strategy of each Exchange forum
P&L & Budget Responsibility
- Monitor and increase net profitability on a monthly and annual basis, continually reviewing and adjusting revenue and cost targets in line with financial analysis and required results
- Conducting analysis on each event to balance risk, maximize lead time and optimize profits
Project Leadership and Internal Stakeholder Management
- Manage a cross-functional team to meet both productivity and quality targets
- Define required qualitative and quantitative performance indicators linked to project and divisional goals
Direct Oversight of Portfolio Teams
- Hire, develop and retain A grade employees to raise the bar and develop the businesss skill pool
Brand Creation and External Stakeholder Management
- Network with senior executives to identify market leading influencers and foster strong industry focused relationships
Ultimately our Division Director will be tasked with the ongoing growth of a portfolio of events and a team of talented professionals. They will be a strategic thinker with the passion and energy to roll up their sleeves and get things done. A leader who loves to drive performance, develop talent achieve exceptional results. If this sounds like you we would love to talk to you!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- An over-achiever, competitive, self-motivated, goal oriented and confident events professional. Someone to enforce tight deadlines, drive performance and not only hit but exceed company goals
- A passionate individual who thrives in a face paced environment and is 100% invested in anything and everything that interests them
- Consultative mindset, this individual will love to network and build relationships as well as have excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoy conducting in-depth phone and in-person research with Senior Level Executives
- Commercial and profit driven, an agile thinker who assimilates complex information quickly
- A multi-tasker with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to juggle projects and drive results
- A hunter with a passion for managing sales and driving business growth
- A Bachelors and/or advanced degree is required (relevant graduate study is preferred)
- 5+ years in a commercial B2B events or Media environment (Conference, 1-2-1 Meetings, Exhibition/Confex. Publishing, Business Intelligence)
- 2+ years people management experience in either a high value sales or production/analyst function
- Experience in the following industry sectors is an advantage but not a prerequisite - Information Technology; Cyber-Security; Data Analytics; Shared Services; Marketing; and Supply Chain/Logistics
- Proven track record in B2B commercial conferences/events management is essential with experience in both Conference Sales and Program Development
Why is this job for you?
- Excellent Tampa Bay office located in the West Shore business district! With restaurants, shopping malls and easy access to bay area destinations, now is booming as a place to live, as well.
- Competitive compensation package (Base Salary + profit share of portfolio events)
- Comprehensive health benefits package + 401K Retirement
- Company Culture Club (company outings, sports events, team happy hour, holiday parties, philanthropy and more!)
- MVP/MIP/Rookie of the Year Awards
- Employee of the Quarter Award
- Employee of the Month Award (Voted on by all employees)
- $1000 Employee Referral Bonus
- Standard PTO+ Additional Travel PTO Days
- All Bank Holidays paid
- Travel to events held in 5 Start Resorts across the US and Canada (Sometimes global travel)
- Career progression and development support with clear pathways both upwards and across departments
- International company with opportunities to transfer abroad
Find out more about life at IQPC Tampa athttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldgd1fWbVNk&feature=youtu.be
ABOUT US: At IQPC, we bring knowledge to life! Our Business to Business events and conferences facilitate the sharing of ideas between industry leaders and professionals and help our clients develop valuable business networks. Weve been researching and developing innovative conferences for over 40+ years and are experts at keeping our finger on the pulse of every industry we operate in. Our goal is simple; we want to help our clients Learn. Connect. Grow.
- We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.