Deputy Director, Digital Strategy
New York , NY 10001
Posted 6 months ago
Echoing Green (www.echoinggreen.org) supports a global network of people who address some of the worlds greatest social and environmental challenges by building an ecosystem of change-makers who are committed to driving social innovation forward.
As part of this work, our Communications team is dedicated to elevating the brand and providing meaningful engagement opportunities for our growing community. Echoing Greens digital strategy will play a critical role to activate and connect this diverse community of social entrepreneurs, donors, advisors, and partners.
The ideal candidate for the Deputy Director, Digital Strategy role will demonstrate expertise in growing digital engagement and will bring a planning and execution approach to their work. Theyll be responsible for mapping out a robust digital engagement strategy to attract and retain key audiences, testing out what works, and collaborating across teams to implement. If understanding what motivates people to take action is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply! This position reports to the Director of Communications.
This role will lead Echoing Greens efforts in our e-marketing campaigns (we use Campaign Monitor) and social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn). In particular:
The digital strategist will develop targeted, campaign-driven digital engagement strategies to capture and then activate online audiences to engage with Echoing Greenincluding donating, to sharing content, to attending events.
- Develop cross-channel digital communications to support Echoing Greens strategic priorities, including recruitment for programmatic initiatives, donor engagement, and alumni community management
- Plan targeted strategies for in-person and virtual event outreach
- Collaborate with team members to pitch digital marketing concepts to donors and strategic partners
- Design a content capture strategy to be applied across digital channels (including social media and e-newsletters)
- Partner with key team members to create a content plan that connects key audiences to Echoing Green events and engagements
- Identify and implement new tools to support digital strategy and content dissemination
- Project manage all digital campaigns, including major email campaigns from start to finish (on systems like Campaign Monitor), working across teams and departments to grow our donor base and overall audience
Testing & Monitoring
- Set benchmarks and track key performance indicators (KPIs) regularly to report on campaign outcomes and refine strategies
- Interpret analytics across digital channels and platforms to produce meaningful reports that inform progress against benchmarks
- Provide guidance, recommendations, and leadership for refining strategy
Platform & Community Management
The digital strategist will oversee the organizations digital channels to grow and steward a dynamic online community, ultimately encouraging event engagement, content sharing, and online donations.
- Build and execute cross-channel content plan to support campaigns and reinforce key messages; refine strategy for Echoing Greens social media channels.
- Serve as a thought partner to direct strategy for programmatic community management, inclusive of current Fellows, alumni, funders, and more
- Plan out digital journeys and messaging, and appropriate audience segmentation, for stewarding and engaging members into the Echoing Green community (from applicants to potential donors)
- Engage key users and influencers to encourage contribution across digital channels
- Work closely with and manage vendors, including designers and editorial team, to build, test, and optimize campaigns
- Supervise contributors responsible for daily maintenance of Echoing Greens digital properties
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience in setting and implementing digital campaigns and marketing strategies. Take a look at the criteria belowif these sound like you, please apply!
- You have at least five years of experience working on digital campaigns or can otherwise demonstrate deep proficiency with the current digital landscape relevant to this role
- You are someone with a high-level of digital curiosity, especially when it comes to using a suite of digital toolsfrom e-newsletters to social media channelsto create community. You understand the latest digital trends and think often about how they can affect engagement across audiences
- You can showcase a track record of building digital communities over time using your understanding of user behavior
- You have demonstrably deep experience with digital management and monitoring tools, and are no stranger to SEO, key performance indicators
- Youre able to skip the jargon to create actionable next steps from complex insights
- Experience with multiple platforms and tools is important for this role. Your digital fluency should include experience with content management systems, e-marketing platforms, social media channels and their relevant metrics, and SEO
Other things we care about at Echoing Green include:
- You care deeply about creating inclusive, welcoming environments online and in-person
- You value equity and sustainability and want to bring them into your work
- You are detail-oriented, take initiative and pitch-in, and are an empathetic colleague
- You enjoy setting priorities and thrive at multitasking and making quick, informed decisions
- You are extremely proficient with CRM and e-marketing tools
Note: Applicants who do not answer the thought question will not be considered.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, insurance, transit reimbursement, retirement savings with an employer match, paid time off, and more!
As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.