Deployment Test Engineer
North Billerica , MA 01862
Posted 1 week ago
Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics, and we are seeking to hire people who love their work and want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and want to work in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company. There are a number of aspects of our culture designed to make the Company a rewarding and productive place to work. For example, we provide a catered lunch in our office to all team members every workday, and we will provide recreational and renewal amenities within the office for use during work breaks. We also have a policy of flexible work schedules and do not enforce fixed limits on the number of workdays that team members can take off for personal reasons, including vacations.
Full Time, Exempt
The Deployment Test Engineer provides highly visible customer support involving the commissioning and site acceptance for robotic automation systems. As a Deployment Test Engineer you will be in charge of testing each deployment and ensuring it meets system requirements and customer requirements. After the system construction is completed, you will work with a commissioning team to load software, introduce robots, and cycle the system and make sure that the system is running smoothly before a customer handoff. This is an end user-facing position working under minimal supervision and requires travel throughout North America.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision of a high-performance culture in an adaptable organization.
- Solving complex problems and making significant impacts to the capabilities of the product.
- Working in a fast paced, flexible environment where there is no wrong answer and everyone works for the same team.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Perform and complete the required Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) to ensure system meets and performs to the specified system requirements and customer specifications.
- Perform and complete User Acceptance Testing (UAT)with the customer.
- Analyze data and create reports highlighting pass / fail status of SAT and UAT.
- Develop punch list and coordinate the activities to complete the punch list including critical blocking issues.
- Provide documented feedback to design teams as the end user representative; communicating deficiencies, opportunities for improvement, and configuration change requests of product. Support failure review and corrective action implementation.
- Provide on-the-job training, coaching, and mentoring to other deployment test team members.
- Ensure timely, professional, and effective response to customers.
- Escalate issues to tech support team or engineering as required to meet commissioning deadlines.
- Question unexpected findings or failures and collaborate with engineers to obtain root cause.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years of industrial automation or field experience in robotics and automation
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, familiarity with 8D or similar structured problem-solving tools.
- Familiar with common types of sensors, motors, and other common automation components. Expected to have a working understanding of how they work, and common failure modes.
- Strong mechanical acumen, able to follow technical instructions and to assemble or test complex assemblies.
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical and controls diagrams.
- Experience with specification, detailed design, qualification, testing and maintenance of robotic automation systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, required.
- Customer service fundamentals - the ability to ensure positive customer experience.
- Strong computer skills and experience with PC based systems and information technologies.
- Must be available and willing to travel in North America as needed and remain on customer sites for several weeks at a time.
- Ability to work in a variety of physical surroundings (ie. Ladders, walkways, catwalks, elevated areas, etc.)
- Must have a valid drivers license, and qualified to obtain a credit card for expenses and able to obtain a valid passport for the term of employment.
- Familiarity with basic electronics debugging tools such as digital oscilloscopes, multimeters, and current meters.
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Education: Bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent in training and experience
TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team leads.
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements.
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.