Peak Dental Services Denver , CO 80201
We are looking for a dynamic Dental Hygienist to add to our team. We are seeking someone with strong interpersonal skills who can educate and advocate for our patients.
The primary role of the Hygienist is to provide the patient with a thorough prophylaxis and to determine periodontal condition of the patient. The Hygienist will also increase the patients awareness of any negative conditions and uncompleted dental work that is evident by using diagrams and educating the patient through instruction of proper brushing and flossing techniques. Hygienists are actively involved in performing chair side whitening, laser bacteria reduction, SRP, laser assisted periodontal therapy, Arestin treatment, and etc. Exemplifying the practices 6 core values is key to the hygienist becoming a great team player
1. Putting Patient & Doctors experience first
2. Demonstrating ownership for results
3. Fostering compassion, optimism, & celebration
4. Practicing fanatical attention to consistency and detail
5. Being committed to continuous improvement
6. Contributing to it being a great place to work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree in dental hygiene from an accredited college or technical school, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS Registered Dental Hygienist license in Colorado
CPR/First Aid Certification
OTHER DUTIES Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as business periodicals, professionals journals, technical procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and governmental regulations. Ability to communicate effectively and present information, both verbally and in writing, to patients and co-workers. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals and percentages. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages.
Ability to apply logical thinking to a wide range of practical problems. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Customer Experience Leadership
1. Actively participate in our Peak Patient Experience by striving to keep our patients focused on optimal treatment meanwhile making patients know we care about them as individuals.
2. Take an active role in getting to know both new and regular patients we strive for our patients to know we just dont care about their oral hygiene, we care about them as individuals
3. Educate patients about daily home care and explain prevention to patients and parents of small children
1. Participate in our comprehensive Hygiene Program which includes performing Perio-related services, preventive services (e.g., prophys, polishing, flossing, etc), and ancillary services (e.g., whitening, bad breadth, diode laser use, sleep/snore devices). Note: CE training made available for those untrained performing the ancillary services referenced.
2. Check medical history, inquire about dental problems, take or update dental and medical health history
3. Assist doctor or other staff members as time and schedule dictate
4. Take X-rays as necessary
Medical,Dental and Vision benefits are available, holiday and paid time off, along with 401k benefits