Light Wave Dental
Spring Lake , NC 28390
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
CarolinasDentist is built to deliver a Positively Different patient experience. This is based on creating meaningful relationships, constantly striving for greater heights, and improving our patients lives. Our purpose says it all: Having Fun. Improving Lives. One Smile at a Time.
We staff our offices with highly trained, caring dentists and hardworking team members. From the moment you walk through our doors, youll be greeted with a smile and given the first-rate CarolinasDentist experience.
We are looking for a first-rate dental assistant to provide our patients with quality care and provide our doctors with quality assistance on patient procedures. Here's what you'll do:
- Assist the doctor with all dental procedures including but not limited to, take directions from doctor, anticipate doctor's needs, performing patient oral evaluations, take, develop and mount accurate and high-quality X-rays, various laboratory duties including provisional.
- Perform procedures to help maintain doctor's schedule and patient flow; create "no patient wait time;" maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Review patient chart prior to doctor arrival and log appropriate patient data during exam and treatment as well as transcribe doctor notes in patient chart
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow OSHA and company safety policies and procedures
- Promote and market the company's services, retail products and doctors to patients as well as educate patients and address their questions and/or concerns
- Verify patient health history and document appropriately in patient's chart.
- Clean and prepare operatory per company procedures prior to patient appointment
- Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines
- Assist staff in scheduling patients' follow up visits
- Follow up with labs to ensure quality and timely products
- Track incoming and outgoing lab cases with staff
- Assist hygienist(s) as requested
- Monitor level of dental supplies and order as assigned by Office Leader using approved formulary.
Key Performance Indicators include but are not limited to:
- New patient hygiene reappointment 85%
- Production per visit 700+
- Same-day production 3500/week
Here's what you'll need to qualify:
- Current radiography certification
- Dental Assistant certification as required by state
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation preferred
- Current certification to monitor Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Analgesia
In return for providing an excellent patient experience, we offer a great benefits package to include health and dental benefits, 401(k), holiday pay and paid time off.