The Common Market Georgia, a mission-driven distributor of local foods to the Georgia region. seeks a Driver for a Part time job, 3-5 days per week, some Saturdays. This Position has the Ability to turn full time.Our mission is to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the institutions that serve them. Our drivers are responsible for front-line service to farmers and customers, transporting and handling perishable products.Main Responsibilities
- Provide excellent service while picking up and delivering Local Farm Product
- Handle Farmer Purchase Orders and Customer Invoices appropriately and collect payment for delivered goods.
- Assist in loading and unloading truck manually.
- Guard Food Safety and Quality
- Know food safety rules, check and document safe conditions
- Drive and maintain equipment in excellent condition
- Begin and end each truck run with established procedures
- Operate equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse and secure load for transport.
- Communicate all pickups, deliveries, and service issues with CM office.
- Maintain truck logs
Common Market offers an excellent work environment, training and the chance to grow with our organization.
Benefits: 5 sick days/year
The Common Market