Redner's Markets Inc.
Phoenixville , PA 19460
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
POSITION TITLE: Deli Clerk
REPORTS TO: Deli Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To wait on the customers, in the deli, in a courteous manner and prepare orders to the customers satisfaction
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Slice, cut, weigh, and price merchandise in a courteous manner.
- Prepare orders to customers satisfaction.
- Unload deli merchandise and transport stock to storage areas.
- Maintain shelves and keep cases filled at all times.
- Control freshness by coding and rotating all products and remove out-of-code merchandise daily.
- Price all products legibly and according to price book.
- Maintain new items and weekly specials.
- Promote new items and weekly specials.
- Communicate temperature failure of cases and storage areas to manager in charge.
- Observe policies and procedures established for the department.
- Greet all customers and be observant.
- Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a regular cleaning and sanitation program in compliance with store, local, and state health regulations.
- Assist in preparation of hot foods and all other foods.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have strong communication skills for dealing with customers.
- Must have basic math skills for weighing and pricing products.
- Must have dexterity in hands to enable slicing and preparing of all deli products.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to twenty percent (20%) of the time.