Defined Benefits/Cash Balance Analyst - Work From Anywhere
Retirement Planning Services, Inc.
Littleton , CO 80120
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Retirement Planning Services is seeking an experienced Defined Benefits/Cash Balance Analyst. The successful candidate will work directly with enrolled actuaries and be responsible for analyzing and updating record-keeping systems with financial and non-financial data to ensure accuracy and alignment with plan document provisions. The ideal candidate will have experience working with cash balance/defined benefit plans and be a self-directed, critical thinker.
The candidate must:
- Handle all aspects of qualified retirement plan administration for Defined Benefit/Cash Balance plans for client, interpreting complex plan documents
- Ensure client satisfaction through the successful completion of complex qualified and pension calculations for traditional and cash balance plans
- Complete annual trust accounting and plan valuations including Form 5500 and all required schedules
- Perform: 416, 401(k), 401(m), 410(b), 401(a)(4) and 415 tests
- Calculate employer contributions, determine participant eligibility and allocate earnings and contributions, and review all plan distributions
- Resolve any plan, transaction, and/or distribution issues by clarifying, determining the root cause, selecting and explaining the best solution, and expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Communicate plan changes to clients, advisors, CPAs, and/or ERISA attorneys
- Display a positive, team-oriented attitude to help create a friendly environment for clients and team members
The candidate will:
- Have 5 or more years retirement plan industry experience; Defined Contribution\Defined Benefit required, and non-qualified knowledge preferred
- Hold a Bachelors Degree or comparable professional work experience
- Demonstrate strong understanding of all facets of cash balance/defined benefit plan administration
- Have the ability to multi-task and solve complex problems in a fast paced, deadline driven environment; handling all requests in a confidential and professional manner
- Have strong attention to detail, organization, multi- tasking, and follow up skills
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a team environment and be a positive team member
- Have technology and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Relius software
- Have the ability to work with large files requiring formatting, formulas, links and to solve problems with data through spreadsheet application
- ASPPA or NIPA designation required
- Have the opportunity to work remotely, must conform to Mountain Standard time work hours
No phone calls to Retirement Planning Services, Inc., please.
Retirement Planning Services, Inc. specializes in the design and administration of qualified 401(k), retirement plans and cafeteria plans. We are dedicated to setting the standard for professional, accurate, and timely service, and to equipping our clients with access to the most advanced plan administration technologies available. Since 1977 RPS has built its reputation on trustworthy, expert administration and a knowledgeable staff. Our mission at RPS is to build great relationships through great service. We value our strategic alliances with vendors and brokers and are committed to the highest ethical standards. Many of our clients have been with us for more than 20 years. If you are a high energy, self-driven individual looking for a career home in a dynamic, fast moving organization; we should talk!