Database Administrator (Junior)
Aegis Corps, Inc.
Washington , DC 20147
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
ACI is seeking a Junior Database Administrator to provide the organizational support necessary to meet the needs of a high profile project. Job location is Washington DC. The Jr. Database Administrator will be responsible for testing, implementing, maintaining and controlling the organizations databases across multiple platforms and technologies (e.g., physical, relational and object oriented) in an Azure cloud environment. Ability to apply comprehensive functional and technical knowledge and programming skills in a team setting to ensure data quality of the highest level and for problem resolution is key.Job Description:
- Perform disciplined, auditable execution of established data warehouse ETL (extract/transform/load) programs and refresh procedures
- Execute disciplined, recurring manual data extractions, downloads, and pre-processing of FTP data files as inputs to datamart
- Test and implement new releases to data mart
- Contribute to the development of new methods, procedures, processes or systems and understand the impact of these changes.
- Provide support and expertise in investigation and resolution of performance related issues for warehousing environments.
- Proactively monitor and remedy data quality failures in recurring data mart ETL and refresh processes
- Provide support in installing & upgrading database software and resolving database software problems
- Perform evaluations of potential tools & utilities
- Automate database tasks via scripting or through the use of tools
- Proactively configure, monitor, and review statistics for errors, capacity and performance issues
- Tune and troubleshoot software & database performance issues
- College degree in computer science from accredited university,
- Basic knowledge and experience in SQL Server programming is mandatory
- Some experience in other programming languages such as Python, Java, PL/SQL, .net, SASis highly preferred the more languages the better
- Background and prior experience in working with databases in data warehousing environments is desirable
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Aegis Corps, Inc. is a growing company and there may be opportunities for advancement. We have a generous benefits package including health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, 10 holidays, company provided life insurance and a 401K.Aegis Corps, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.