Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1.Ensure the health and security of all databases used to perform company business functions, including but not limited to Genic q applications, EZ Cap, NextGen and Access Express.
2.Able to configure database servers, to ensure that servers are built according to established policies and procedures.
3.Ensure that all databases are kept current for maintenance so that customers do not receive performance issues related to database size or logging.
4.Work with the IT Teams to ensure that backups are kept current.
5.Implement and maintain minimum access requirements for all users that are accessing the SQL databases.
6.Evaluate database growth regularly so that models can be adjusted if the size or expected growth is more than the current configuration can handle.
7.Use industry best practice to enforce and enhance all Heritage Provider Network and Regal Medical Group policies and procedures which relate to HIPAA and IT Security.
8.Identifies researches and resolves technical problem within a Microsoft XP Windows Server environment.
9.Work primarily with Microsoft SQL server 2005 thru current (2016).
10. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
11. Must resolve Database related hardware/software configuration problems and work with system engineers to install or upgrade hardware/software products and/or approved patches.
12. Troubleshoot desktop hardware and software technical issues, and interact with end-users to identify issues with current computing environments.
13. Candidate must be able to work Flexible shifts between the hours of 0700-1900, including weekends if necessary to meet emergency customer requirements.
14. Must have good written/verbal communication skills, including excellent
customer interface skills.
15. Must comply with all physical, data and IT security requirements, including
any health and safety policies and procedures.
16. Be able to independently place service calls on all I.T. equipment under service maintenance agreements with their respective vendors.
17. Provides insight into user needs through open communication with the user and supports the development of processes and procedures necessary to achieve strategic objectives and improve support delivery.
18. Provides recommendations for IS initiatives that support the user community. Ensure all process are completed in a timely manner and performs random audit on IS practices, reports on support delivery.
19. Develops and fosters a customer satisfaction focused, service mentality within department to strengthen and build relationships with Heritage Provider Network and other Regal Medical Group regions and departments and communicates a balanced view of Information Systems importance in relation to other departments and business functions.
20. All other duties as assigned by management.
B. Education and/or Experience:
1.Education: Minimum four-year college degree in a related field (computer science or information technology); a Master's degree in a related field (computer science or information technology) is preferred.
2.Experience: Minimum 7-12 years' experience as a DBA in a healthcare, Microsoft SQL environment, monitoring and administering large production databases.
3.Certifications preferred: Network+, MCSE, CCNA
4.Experience in installing, upgrading / patching, and configuring MSSQL 2005-2016
5.Experience with SQL log review
6.Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
7.Capacity to implement operational automation using scripts.
8.Ability to automate routine processes with .NET or PowerShell
9.Experience in High Availability (HA)
10. Strong SQL development skills and in-depth knowledge of SQL internals
11. Advanced experience in mirroring and replication
12. Experienced with setting up and maintaining disaster recovery and database backup
13. policies and procedures.
14. Proficient in HIPAA Security.
15. Customer service skills
16. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with little to no supervision
17. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
18. Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
We offer a full benefits package which includes employer paid medical, pharmacy and dental benefits. We offer a generous PTO package, 401k Retirement Savings, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Tuition Reimbursement & Licensed Renewal Fees for our clinical staff
Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA City Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.