Database Administrator II
Systems Engineering Solutions Corporation
Hanover , MD 21076
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Years of Experience: 10 years
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Position Description: The Database Administrator maintains the integrity, security, and availability of multiple database(s). Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administers, maintains, develops, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Maintains the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
- Administers, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes
- Establishes and maintains database user accounts
- Performs disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Develops policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Evaluates requirements and recommends available DBMS products
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
- Provides server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
- Supports data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementation
- Directs the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database
- Coordinates database architecture changes with database engineers
- Directs the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies
- TS/SCI FS (Preferred); TS/SCI FS Eligible Accepted
- 10 years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional database administration experience may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
- 10 years of experience installing and maintaining Oracle
- 5 years of experience with Oracle streams and distributed databases
- 5 years of experience installing and maintaining Oracle 10g
- 5 years of experience writing stored procedures
- 5 years of experience using PL/SQL
- 5 years developing database schemas
- 5 years of maintenance experience with LINUX Server Operating System
- Experience with installing and maintaining Oracle 11g
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Implementing backups strategies for databases writing shell scripts
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Teamwork: Able to enthuse and maintain project interest. Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
- Quantitative Management: Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
SES provides a competitive salary and the following benefits:
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off