Database Administrator (Dba)
Summit2sea Consulting, LLC
Arlington , VA 22205
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Have you been looking to shift your career into high gear? This is your opportunity to take your ambitions and convert them into a solid career in a supportive and innovative environment!
Summit2Sea is looking for a Database Administrator.
Summit2Sea is a technology consulting firm run by hands on technologists that combines people, process and technology to deliver innovative solutions to our clients. We have been named on The Washington Post's list of top work places for the past 3 years! We invest in our biggest asset - our people! You can be a part of a winning team that will contribute to your career growth.
Impactful Work You'll Do:
- Automating setup, scaling and maintaining production databases: RDS Instances, Aurora (cluster and serverless) in AWS
- Working with development teams and engineers to provide a database design guidance
- Handle Database upgrades and migrations, while monitoring and improving database performances
- Develop, implement and maintain automation tools to manage and monitor diverse database technologies we have
- Do capacity planning benchmarking on various databases
- Triage and solve database issues, drive incidents until resolution and employ measures to prevent recurrence
- Provide assessments of data integrity, high availability, data security, and privacy
- Ability to represent and uphold our core values of integrity, client service, expertise, adaptability, communication, and teamwork
- Solid background developing solutions for high volume, low latency applications and can operate in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Solid background developing solutions for high volume, low latency applications and can operate in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Distributed computer understanding and experience with SQL, Spark, ETL
- 5+ years of experience as a DBA / DRE in at least one of the database technologies cited above
- Experience with databases at TB scale, high throughput and low latency
- Performance analysis, queries optimization
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- 2+ years of Experience with AWS (RDS, EC2, S3, IAM etc.) and/or GCP/Azure database offerings
- Good software development skills in Python/Go/Shell/Perl, PL/SQL or similar languages for scripting and automation
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate is nice to have
- Experience in Redis/MongoDB is plus
- Strong Unix Internals experience
- Available to be onsite in DMV region a minimum of 2-3 days a week, with flexibility of 4-5 as needed preferred
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance or higher
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge and hands-on in AI/ML is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven collaboration skills
- MySQL/Postgres expertise
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
Upper Tier Compensation includes a base salary and bonuses based upon: performance, business development, employee referrals and knowledge sharing. We value the individual and share our company's success across our team.
Summit2Sea is committed to offering our employees a benefits package that is competitive and comprehensive enough to meet their goals and needs. As a valued member of the S2S team, employees are provided with a collection of benefits to include paid holidays, health and dental care to name a few.
-Competitive Base Salary
-Quarterly Recruiting Bonus
-New Sales Bonus
-Knowledge Contribution BonusBenefit Components
-Vacation/Sick Leave/Personal Time Off
Summit2Sea Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.