Data Scientist (Healthcare)
Integrity Management Services, Inc.
Alexandria , VA 22315
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Integrity Management Services, Inc. (IntegrityM) is a woman-owned small business specializing in assisting government healthcare organizations prevent and detect fraud and abuse in their programs.
At IntegrityM, we offer a culture of opportunity, recognition, and collaboration. We thrive off of these fundamental elements that make IntegrityM a great place to work. We offer the flexibility our employees need to challenge themselves and focus on advancing their professional development and careers. Large company perks. Small company feel.
This position will be responsible for supporting fraud, waste and abuse (FWA) study development and execution activities in a multi-payer environment. The team member will have advanced technical skills and the ability to analyze healthcare claims across Medicare, Medicaid and private payers. Individuals with experience in working with complex big data, an interest in data manipulation and analysis, and a desire to become a subject matter expert in health care data. The team member will work with a data visualization expert to maintain reports and dashboards using visual analytics tools that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making capabilities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop efficient analytic code in SAS and/or SQL programming language to extract, manipulate and transform data for FWA studies from healthcare claims
- Experience working with institutional claims data or familiarity with analyzing data elements on the CMS 1450 (UB-04) claim form
- Experience working with healthcare administrative data across Medicare, Medicaid, commercial as well as third party data assets
- Experience using statistical algorithms, techniques and models to define data for process analytics
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities with an understanding of statistical methods
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and especially the ability to communicate data clearly to clients
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to come up-to-speed quickly, self-motivate, and solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical language to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet established deadlines and satisfy internal and external customer demands
- Bachelors degree and/or 10+ years of experience
- Superior skills conducting statistical and mathematical modeling and analysis using SAS
- Advanced skills using SQL programming for modeling and data manipulation purposes
- Experience proactively identifying and working collaboratively with stakeholders to resolve data anomalies, data quality, and compliance issues in administrative data
- Excellent database skills and in depth technical knowledge
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience conducting health care related research and analytics and intimately familiar with healthcare institutional claims
- Experience supporting data governance policies and supporting infrastructures spanning diverse stakeholders
- Superior multi-tasking and organization skills. Must manage multiple simultaneous projects and prioritize assignments and tasks accordingly, remaining flexible to changing priorities and new initiatives
- Knowledge of business intelligence, ETL, data analytics
- Experience using data visualization tools such as including Tableau