Washington , DC 20001
Posted 2 days ago
ERPi is currently seeking a full-time Data Scientist to provide onsite support at our Washington, DC site.
ERPi has been awarded a contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to provide Program Management, Requirements, Planning and Testing services to the Multi-Channel Technologies (MCT) Program. The VA Multi-Channel Technologies (MCT) Program was established in-order-to provide on-demand access to comprehensive VA services and benefits in a consistent, user-centric manner through a multi-channel virtual self-service and call center processing framework. This framework is aimed at enabling veterans to find uniform information about VA benefits and services regardless of the access channel used to complete their transactions with VA. It allows for quick identification of Veterans without having to repeat information and will allow Veterans seamless access to multiple VA service lines. MCT supports enterprise programs and applications to include VA Call Centers, VA Contact Centers, CRM Enterprise Platform Support systems and integrations, Knowledge Management, Telephony implementations and enhancements, Interactive Voice Recognition (IVR), and self-service capabilities.
The Data Scientist will work with multidisciplinary teams to generate data insights that will lead to new solutions and services to improve the experiences of VA employees and their Veteran customers. In support of this effort, the Data Scientist will develop statistically-rigorous methods for sampling and surveying the veteran populations, statistical programs for extracting data from the authoritative data sources in an automated manner, and to use statistical modeling to support identification of actionable insights. The ideal Data Scientist candidate will also combine a consulting background with expertise in data science, statistics, and analytics to help build an analytics capability for ERPi, as well as deliver associated services to clients in the Federal government.
- Reviewing applications and enterprise data models (conceptual, logical, physical) to identify data quality problems;
- Configuring test and training data sets for use by team members;
- Analyzing VA and external databases to identify data quality issues;
- Performing root cause analysis to determine the cause of identified issues;
- Working with VA system owners to identify needed changes (i.e. technical, process, policy, etc.) to prevent future recurrence of identified issues;
- Facilitating working sessions to understand data quality;
- Guiding development of data quality algorithms, tools, models, and new processes to improve operational efficiency;
- Developing white papers, analyses, and position papers either describing/reviewing /analyzing specific issues, or providing justification or support for recommendations to affect change within VA; and
- Creating briefings with impactful visualizations to share with leadership on indicators of data quality.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of related experience plus an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e., mathematics, statistics, economics, operations research, etc.) or comparable relevant skills and experience.
- Experience in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing (A/B testing), and optimization algorithms.
- Experience working with large datasets using tools like SQL.
- Experience in using statistical modeling and distributed machine learning algorithms on large data sets.
- Experience in text analytics and sentiment-analysis.
- Experience using analytical tools and toolkits, such as SQL, R/R Studio, Python, or SAS Experience in the use of statistical packages: SAS and R.
- Experience with data standardization and data governance processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Good team player, able to manage multiple assignments, and adapt to changing client needs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, results-driven environment.
- Ability to work on-site daily in Washington, DC.
- Ability to obtain a NACI clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MBA/MS/PhD in related field (Data Science, Finance, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, etc.) preferred, or comparable relevant skills and experience.
- Experience designing and developing analytic algorithms and techniques in support of robotic processing automation, machine learning, and/or other forms of artificial intelligence.
- Experience using existing algorithms to build data products for academics and deeply-funded R&D.
- Experience working with Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), and/or Veterans Health Administration (VHA) preferred.
- Experience using analytical tools, such as R/R Studio, SPSS, SAS, or advanced data quality/fraud analysis toolkits preferred.
- Experience working with data quality and business improvement initiatives preferred.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau, and/or the ability to build visualizations in R/Python or another open-source software.
- Knowledge of contact center solutions to include customer relationship management (CRM), knowledge management (KM), and workforce management (WFM).
- Knowledge of commercial off the shelf technologies -- specifically, Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce.
- Experience with cloud, managed services, big data and advanced analytics is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of the Software/System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Knowledgeable of the Agile software development methodology.
- Knowledgeable of the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices in the customer environment.
Clearance: Public Trust
ERPi, a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SVDOSB) specializing in management consulting for the federal government (www.erpi.net). ERPi is undergoing a period of significant growth and offers talented candidates a chance to perform project management, strategic planning, process improvement, quality management, data analysis, and human capital planning on some of the Federal governments largest and most complex business challenges. Our work environment is highly entrepreneurial and is staffed with some of the brightest and most capable technical and management consultants in the industry. ERPis compensation and benefits plan are designed to attract and retain the industrys most capable professionals and executives. We offer tuition reimbursement for selected graduate schools, 401(k) profit sharing, awards to recognize exceptional performance immediately, customized health plans, and charitable donation matching, in addition to competitive base salaries
It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of ERPi not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or any other protected category with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.