Data Scientist - Business Intelligence - NYC
New York , NY 10001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Using neuroscience-based assessments and machine learning algorithms, pymetrics is reinventing the recruiting industry by matching candidates to jobs where they are most likely to succeed. We are leading the charge in an evolving industry and growing our amazing team to support the mission of using data to unleash one's full potential. We are looking for a talented data scientist with strong business intelligence experience to join our client-facing product development team. Data scientists on this team contribute to our product by designing and deploying visualizations and reports that support the client life-cycle. In this role you will work on a team with diverse skill sets (bridging people analytics, statistics and data visualization, and regulatory compliance) to build a full Business Intelligence platform for internal and external clients. The ideal candidate would bring experience in data analysis and visualization, with a specific focus on people analytics, BI dashboarding, or a client-facing analytics position. We value an ability to communicate with both engineering and client-side stakeholders, and the initiative to tackle interesting problems independently. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and deploy a sustainable analytics framework supporting our internal and external client needs.
- Work closely with stakeholders on client services, legal compliance, and engineering to coordinate visualizations that support diverse needs, and regulatory constraints .
- Write production level code for practical deployment of data-related products.
- BA/MS preferred
- 3+ years experience in data science / data analytics/ business intelligence preferred.
- Strong demonstrated skills in verbal and visual communication in the data analysis context, with an eye for data visualization and presentation of data-driven insights
- Practical knowledge of Python and its scientific libraries Scikit, Pandas, and NumPy, as well as visualization libraries such as Matplotlib, Seaborn, or Bokeh with extensive knowledge of programming best practices.
- Strong skills for data management in SQL and Python.
- Experience in data visualization and dashboarding using the current commercial toolkit such as AWS Quicksight, Mode, Databricks, or similar platforms.
- Embodiment of our core company values of motivation, positivity, curiosity, humility and integrity, and buy-in for our company mission of eliminating bias in hiring
- Willingness to relocate or regularly travel to the NYC metro area
- Previous experience in the people analytics space is a plus.
- A broad interest in machine learning, including explainable ML and AI fairness will allow the candidate to play a broader role across many product teams.
- Health care plan (medical, dental & vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Family leave (maternity, paternity)
- Commuter transportation benefits
- Fun, diverse and intellectually eager coworkers
Finally, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.