Data Science Analytics & Visualization Lead
New York , NY 10001
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Using neuroscience-based assessments and machine learning algorithms, pymetrics is reinventing the recruiting industry by matching candidates to jobs where they are most likely to succeed. We are leading the charge in an evolving industry and growing our amazing team to support the mission of using data to unleash one's full potential.
We are looking for a talented data scientist or business intelligence analyst to lead a team of analysts to deliver client insights from our talent assessment product for both internal and external audiences. The ideal candidate would have experience in data visualization and communication, a demonstrated ability to lead a growing team of bright individuals, and a strong general knowledge of analytics.
- Lead client-focused initiatives, monitoring client requests and allocating resources across the team to build predictive models, generate reports and respond to custom requests as needed.
- Plan, implement and improve data analytics relating to the effectiveness of a product, the relationships between products and explanations of product use.
- Develop automated reports and visualizations with flexibility for client customization.
- Train junior analysts and data scientists in analytics methods.
- Communicate across the company to produce meaningful, generalizable insights for multiple use-cases.
- Manage 1-3 direct reports to meet project deadlines and client requests.
- Write production level code for practical application of data products.
- Interact with data scientists, analysts, engineers and product managers on other data products implemented at pymetrics, including computer vision, natural language processing, behavioral assessment, statistical analysis and clustering techniques.
- MS/PhD preferred
- 2-6 years experience in data science or business intelligence analytics preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred, but candidates with promising references may be considered
- Talent with visualization and communication of data
- Practical knowledge of Python and its scientific libraries SciPy, Scikit, Pandas, and NumPy, with extensive knowledge of programming best practices
- Working knowledge of statistics and probability
- Embodiment of our core company values of motivation, positivity, curiosity, humility and integrity, and buy-in for our company mission of eliminating bias in hiring
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of psych/cogsci/neuroscience research
- Interest in issues of transparency and fairness in AI
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning
- Health care plan (medical, dental & vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Family leave (maternity, paternity)
- Team budget for training & development
- Stock option plan
- Commuter transportation reimbursement
- Midtown Manhattan location
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Fun, diverse and intellectually eager coworkers
- Team happy hours and retreats