Data Infrastructure Developer
Connecticut Hospital Association
Yalesville , CT 06492
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
JOB TITLE: Data Infrastructure Developer
REPORTS TO: Manager, Data Infrastructure and Security
The Connecticut Hospital Association (CHA) seeks a Data Infrastructure Developer to work as part of a small team focused on developing analytic applications and tools to support CHA members. The Data Infrastructure Developer is responsible for designing, building, and testing of data integrations, pipelines, and processing modules in support of utilization management, community health, advocacy, quality and patient safety measurement, business operations, and other emerging analytic and business intelligence needs.
CHA is a not-for-profit organization, dedicated to the advancement of the health of individuals and communities in Connecticut by leading, representing, and serving Connecticut hospitals and integrated health systems, including related healthcare organizations.
The Data Infrastructure Developer will build data integrations, pipelines, and processing modules for ChimeDatas data assets. This individual is responsible for designing and developing high performance and scalable solutions, working with complex high volume real-time and batch data sources. The Data Infrastructure Developer will also contribute to ongoing support of ChimeData services by performing functions such as testing, documentation, user support, and validation.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Analyzes and translates business requirements and specifications into technical designs.
- Designs and builds data integration, pipeline, and process modules capable of handling complex high volume real-time and batch data feeds.
- Writes queries and stored procedures, builds tables, and optimizes database operations.
- Works with vendor support teams to address platform issues or limitations.
- Logs change requests and issues related to data integration, pipeline, and process enhancements and modifications.
- Documents and maintains data integrations, pipelines, and processes in ChimeDatas data infrastructure.
- Supports both existing and new data integrations, pipelines, and processes, and provides backup for other team members, as needed.
- Identifies the steps/tasks needed to complete a project and tracks progress in project management software.
- A Bachelors degree is required in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Information Technology, with at least three (3) years of experience designing and building scalable / high performance data systems. Experience with healthcare data is preferred.
- Strong experience with data integration, pipelining, processes, and interface engines.
- Experience working with large datasets, consisting of structured and semi-structured data.
- Extensive experience with relational database technologies, MS SQL and PostgreSQL. Experience with NoSQL technologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic health record (EHR) data, Admit-Discharge-Transfer (ADT) data, or Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) is a preferred.
- Experience with Object-oriented programming languages (C++, Java, C# .NET).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics CRM administration, development, and analytics is a preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify defects in logic or code and resolve issues efficiently.
- Attention to detail - ability to produce accurate and high-quality work is critical.
- Possesses the ability to adapt and prioritize multiple project requests and deadlines.
- Experience and desire to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships.