Huntington Beach , CA 92605
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Data Science Department works with the Hyundai Marketing clients to identify business objectives and develop insights that help optimize tactics and strategy for paid media, social media, web content, and CRM marketing. The team centralizes marketing data by managing a data warehouse; developing and implementing technical requirements for web analytics tools; managing tagging; conducting A/B and multivariate testing; producing reports and dashboards; developing models; and managing attribution. The Data Science team also works closely with other agencies and third-party vendors to extend its capabilities and produce more holistic views of the clients marketing efforts.
We are currently searching for a Data Engineer who will be responsible for understanding functional and business requirements, defining solutions, and building and deploying technical solutions that satisfy business needs.
The Data Engineer must have strong skills in application development, and ETL.
Our primary languages are Python and Postgres SQL, and we make heavy use of AWS platform and services. We use a Django framework and Celery for background processing.
This person would work with other engineers or technology leads.
Intra-team communications and collaboration are important, as this person will fulfill a key role within the Data Science team.
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
The ideal candidate will have a strong combination of skills that include but are not limited to:
- University degree, ideally in the field of computer science, engineering, or another rigorous technical discipline.
Core Technology Skills:
- Additional relevant certifications (for example, on AWS) are a plus.
- Knowledge of relevant data and analytics tools such as:
- Oracle Siebel CRM Systems
- Analytics: Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Databases: SQL, Redshift, MongoDB, Dynamo
- BI tools: Tableau Desktop/Scheduler, DOMO, PowerBI or similar software
- ETL: Hadoop, EMR, Hive, Spark, Alteryx
- Statistical tools: R Studio, SAS, Python
- 3 to 5 years experience with database development including sophisticated SQL coding techniques. Postgres preferred.
- 3 to 5 years experience with Python and other high-level languages such as Java or C#.
- Ability to create clean well-organized, well-commented code.
- Experience working with a cloud computing platform in particular AWS, using EC2 and RDS.
- Experience using collaborative work management systems such as JIRA.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Familiarity with cross-channel marketing (email, direct mail) preferred
- Knowledge of Data Environment architecture
- Familiarity with AI/Machine Learning libraries and their use.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially with non-technical audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Ability to meet deadlines and business/functional requirements
- Experience working for an Advertising or Media agency in the digital space is desirable.
- Experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud is desirable
- Experience with Databricks is desirable
- 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision Premiums.
- 401k matching program
- Fun and fast-paced agency environment.
- Lots of individual autonomy & rewards for merit and creativity.
- Be part of a close-knit and exciting team & growing agency.
- Generous PTO.
& when we get back into the office...
- Enjoy catered happy hour every Thursday and breakfast on Fridays.
- Full-time Barista on-site.
- Amazing views of the Pacific Ocean by the pier in HB.