Data Engineer (Bigquery / Java)
Third Eye Software
Atlanta , GA 30316
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
W2 Only | US Citizens and those eligible to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are not able to offer sponsorship for these positions. No third party candidates. No C2C.
* Must work US Eastern or Central Time hours
We are hiring fully Remote (US only) Big Data Engineers who are passionate about optimizing back-end systems and transforming them from the ground up. You will be responsible for building robust ETL pipelines for a high profile project in a large enterprise IT environment. This is your chance to really make your mark!
What will you be doing?
- Large enterprise big data integration.
- Supporting key strategic data and analytics initiatives for a Fortune 500 company.
- Collaborating with other engineers in analyzing requirements to determine methods to load and transform data.
- Designing, developing and maintaining high-volume data pipelines and repositories in cloud environments such as Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or AWS.
- Writing complex SQL and create solutions to transform data and combine data from various sources.
- Building alerts on job loads.
- Optimizing ingestion of data.
- Experience in large Enterprise Data warehouse and Data Mart implementations.
- Experience building and managing data pipelines and repositories in cloud environments such as Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, AWS, or PCF.
- Experience with ETL Pipelines in Airflow.
- Pub/Sub, DataFlow, Big Query.
- Google Spanner.
- Java 8 or higher.
- Using Hadoop as a proxy.
- Strong problem-solving / analytical abilities.
- Ability to write advanced SQL.
- UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting.
- Ability to write shell scripts and Java code to extract, transform and load data.
- $50 to $85 per hour (varies with experience)
- Third Eye Software is an equal opportunity employer who offers competitive rates, collaboration and training with other technology professionals. Full Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, contributions to 401K and Profit Sharing.