Relocation assistance is available.
The Data Analytics Specialist will assist in the execution and delivery of various corporate audits and advancement of our audit practice. The individual will support audit teams in the identification and execution of data analytics, management reporting for the department, the department’s audit software, and achievement of our technology strategy. The position will assist identifying root causes of identified issues to strengthen and/or improve controls in the organization.
What we are looking for:
· Performs work under the direction of the Audit Director, Associate Audit Director or Audit Supervisor which will include multiple audit assignments and/or projects;
· Collaborates with audit teams to identify data analytic opportunities and design, develop, and deliver data analytics solutions in support of audit engagements and continuous monitoring processes;
· Support the automation of key performance indicators (KPIs), performance metrics, and management reporting;
· Educate audit teams on the uses and benefits (effectiveness and efficiencies) provided by data analytics;
· Maintain audit software (TeamMate) and support migration to a governance, risk & compliance (GRC) tool;
· Provide support to audit practice advancement initiatives.
· Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills in order to work with all levels of management are required;
· Must be effective at communicating ideas, approaches, and results through written reports, verbal discussions and presentations;
· Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
· Undergraduate degree in computer science, management information systems, accounting, finance, or business administration;
· Experience in the development of data analytics and knowledge of supporting approaches and tools (Access, SQL, etc.)
· Experience developing or supporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
· Minimum two+ (2+) years of audit experience in the financial services industry and/or public accounting;
· Professional certification of Certified Information Services Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) preferred;
· Familiarity with an analytics platforms such as Alteryx, SAS, ACL, Idea, etc.;
· Familiarity with visualization platforms such as Qlikview or Tableau;
· Detail-oriented and proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
· Working knowledge of internal control analyses and risk assessment methodologies, COSO framework, Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) standards, FRB Supervisory Letter 13-11 standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302/402 requirements;
· Ability to travel regionally up to 20%.
Saguaro Advisors, LLC