Title: Teradata Analyst Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland OH Days: Monday through Friday Hours: 8-5 hours Hours per week: 40 hours Weekends/Travel: no Workspace: Open seating or cubes Business need for this role: Building out tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of retail lending product pricing including rate maintenance. Need analyst to asses legacy systems, databases, and vendor systems to structure and collect data to ensure new systems service all existing scope we have today and leverage that content to write the business logic and data sourcing requirements for developers to utilize. Top must-have skills / Candidate
Requirements: SQL queries; Enterprise Datawarehouses, and Teradata Ability to analyze large data sets for trends/patterns, key variable analysis, table structures, etc. Requirements documentation Math and coding skills (algebra, basic statistics, algorithm design) Able to navigate large organization and push questions/obstacles/needs with sense of urgency Ability to use standard MS office tools (Excel, ppt, word, visio) Creative problem solving/self-motivated thinker Process mapping Experience with IT workflow design projects Years of overall experience required: 5+ Day to day responsibilities: Primary: Support build out of new index rate maintenance solution by reverse engineering legacy system calculations. Must be capable of reviewing data sets for relevance to financial service business requirements, querying data sets, distinguishing required data fields from extraneous fields, and translating calculations into standardized business logic/requirements. Analysis should reflect understanding of financial services products and trace lending lifecycle business path. Secondary: Assess existing documentation and tasks associated with index rate maintenance playbook processes. Fill documentation gaps in current state process. Assess current activities for automation or other improvements. Write business requirements for improvements to be built by technology partners. Degrees or certifications required: Post graduate would be acceptable in place of more years of experience Ideal vs Average Candidate: Ideal- Financial services experience; strong background in data analytics; database and analytics engine coding; experience writing requirements and implementing new systems from scratch Average- regulated industry and finance function; querying but not coding; maintenance instead of building from scratch How will performance be measured: Ability to delivery target data analysis and business requirements on time; degree to which tested capabilities do not have errors/ error rates Why a candidate would be interested in this position over one with another organization: Building new tools from scratch in a rapid development environment for a critical business process; working with a collocated highly collaborative team; joining a growing team seen as key change agents for the bank
VIEW JOBS1/8/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-08T00:00Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Cambridge|US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Data Analyst III will provide Data Analytics for customers and will work in Excel, Relational Databases and get to be a part of a great team in the Instrument and Enterprise Services Division.
What will you do?
* Management and coordination of various data sources and/or customer facing programs including:
* Internal and external procedures to support best in class processes
* Internal and external customer reports
* Customer procurement and financial systems
* Work in conjunction with technical staffing to review product specifications.
* Interface with Site Managers to identify knowledge indicators important to their customers, provide suggestions and/or recommendations driven from data analyses.
* Interface with Customers routinely at the Management and Director level.
* Interface with colleagues from Fisher Scientific.
* Participate in preparation and/or presentation of routine reporting and analysis requirements as well as quarterly customer business reviews, identifying opportunities and making recommendations for customer account improvement.
* Perform analysis and industry benchmarking/trending.
* Asset/Material obsolescence and replacement planning support.
* Identify, develop and drive continuous improvement to methods of providing customers with data necessary to make informed business decisions and which reinforce the value of the Unity Lab Service products.
* Provide input to Practical Process Improvement Managers in developing and prioritizing project pipelines.
* Recommends alternative courses of action to drive Data to Knowledge initiative.
* Work independently under the direction of the Site Manager.
* Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned client.
* Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources.
* Develop and execute strategies and plans to convert product to alternate suppliers within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities.
* Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services.
* Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management.
* Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager.
* Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control.
* Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
How will you get here?
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 1-2 years professional experience in at least one of the following disciplines required: business analytics, financial analysis and modeling.
* 2+ years of sales experience preferred with preference in the research laboratory industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
* Data mining, report writing experience.
* Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
* Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred.
* Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations.
* Strong financial analysis and data modeling skills.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Strong project management skills.
* Advance Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as relational database knowledge.
* Ability to make decisions and work independently.
* Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
* Experience working in Life Science industry preferred.
* Travel up to 10% will be required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.PittsburghPA
VIEW JOBS1/7/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-07T00:00Company :Highmark HealthJob Description :
This job understands healthcare data from end-to-end and analyzes raw data and analytic data for the enterprise. The incumbent cleanses, validates, audits, and compares data from various sources. Provides business process and industry domain knowledge to projects while working with engineering and business teams on requirements and outcomes. The incumbent delivers data profiling, conducts testing and systems validation to troubleshoot data anomalies, monitors data management metrics and data loads. Working with data quality teams ensure business alignment and analytic value of derived data is met. Provides guidance and education for Associate and Intermediate staff. Responsible for customer relationship management.
* Verify analytic data for the enterprise by conducting end-to-end analysis of data, including cleansing, validating, auditing, and comparing data from various sources.
* Confirm the accuracy of new data sources used by the analytic entities of the enterprise. This includes all aspects of the process from testing of source data to the interconnections of this data to internal sources.
* Routinely monitor data sources used for analytics to assure the continued updates of data are meeting quality standards
* Drive functional efforts for programs across specific projects, including guidance and education of Intermediate and Associate individual contributors. Responsible for management of relationships with customers on the function, or domain of analytics.
* Responsible for requirements solicitation from key stakeholders leveraging expert knowledge.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems Analysis, Data Processing, Healthcare Informatics, Management Information Systems
* 6 years related and progressive experience with a focus on data delivery, analysis, or analytics in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
* Master's Degree in Management Information Systems or Healthcare Informatics
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION
* 5 - 7 years of Data Analytics Experience, or
* 5 - 7 years of Data Analytics Experience, or
* 5 - 7 years of Healthcare Industry Experience
* Experience with enterprise analytics concepts
* Clinical data knowledge along with clinically integrated networks familiarity
* EMR/EHR data knowledge from Epic Clarity, Allscripts, McKesson, Meditech, AthenaHealth or equivalent
* Data profiling and lineage concepts
* Hadoop, Hive and SQL exposure
* 5 - 7 years of Data Warehousing Experience
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
* Microsoft Office
* Communication Skills
* Requirements Analysis
* Testing Skills
Language (other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
VIEW JOBS1/7/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-07T00:00Company Description
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
As the Senior Data Management Services Analyst, you will participate in projects that improve processes, quality, accuracy, and coverage for both enterprise wide data repositories and client/product-specific databases.
* Identify the root causes for data inaccuracies and recommend solutions for improving data quality
* Design, build, test and document solutions for data enrichment and corrections
* Work closely with customers and internal teams, including data management, client support and development
* Employ project management to develop project plans, track progress, manage scope and deliver solutions on schedule
* Research data questions from internal groups using knowledge of relational databases and the specific product's data model.
* Work with internal teams to gather requirements and also communicate solutions and have the solution enacted.
* Write SQL to investigate and repair client data issues; Jira and Confluence to document; Git for versioning
* Implement monitoring and notification processes to proactively identify and resolve data quality issues
* Identify opportunities for process improvements/best practices and submit recommendations to internal stakeholders
* Communicate to management when additional resources are required
* Work with internal stakeholders to assign criticality of discovered inaccuracies and document risk analysis if deemed necessary
* As needed, perform additional research to secure additional information from various sources
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access) experience required
* PL/SQL experience required
* Financial Services with focus on mutual funds (preferred)
* Minimum skills and competencies
* 3-5 years working with SQL, relational databases in general
* Ability to communicate complex information clearly
* Detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities
* Ability to follow best practices when changing data including: backup, testing, logging, version control and documentation.
* Strong process improvement skills
* Commitment to quality
* Must be highly effective in a fast paced, high volume, deadline-oriented environment
* Able to work independently, as well as in a team environment, with all levels of employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.