Title: Teradata Analyst Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland OH Days: Monday through Friday Hours: 8-5 hours Hours per week: 40 hours Weekends/Travel: no Workspace: Open seating or cubes Business need for this role: Building out tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of retail lending product pricing including rate maintenance. Need analyst to asses legacy systems, databases, and vendor systems to structure and collect data to ensure new systems service all existing scope we have today and leverage that content to write the business logic and data sourcing requirements for developers to utilize. Top must-have skills / Candidate
Requirements: SQL queries; Enterprise Datawarehouses, and Teradata Ability to analyze large data sets for trends/patterns, key variable analysis, table structures, etc. Requirements documentation Math and coding skills (algebra, basic statistics, algorithm design) Able to navigate large organization and push questions/obstacles/needs with sense of urgency Ability to use standard MS office tools (Excel, ppt, word, visio) Creative problem solving/self-motivated thinker Process mapping Experience with IT workflow design projects Years of overall experience required: 5+ Day to day responsibilities: Primary: Support build out of new index rate maintenance solution by reverse engineering legacy system calculations. Must be capable of reviewing data sets for relevance to financial service business requirements, querying data sets, distinguishing required data fields from extraneous fields, and translating calculations into standardized business logic/requirements. Analysis should reflect understanding of financial services products and trace lending lifecycle business path. Secondary: Assess existing documentation and tasks associated with index rate maintenance playbook processes. Fill documentation gaps in current state process. Assess current activities for automation or other improvements. Write business requirements for improvements to be built by technology partners. Degrees or certifications required: Post graduate would be acceptable in place of more years of experience Ideal vs Average Candidate: Ideal- Financial services experience; strong background in data analytics; database and analytics engine coding; experience writing requirements and implementing new systems from scratch Average- regulated industry and finance function; querying but not coding; maintenance instead of building from scratch How will performance be measured: Ability to delivery target data analysis and business requirements on time; degree to which tested capabilities do not have errors/ error rates Why a candidate would be interested in this position over one with another organization: Building new tools from scratch in a rapid development environment for a critical business process; working with a collocated highly collaborative team; joining a growing team seen as key change agents for the bank
VIEW JOBS11/6/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-04T00:00Job Description
Job Title: Data Curation Analyst - Senior
Job ID: 722026
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Health Plan
Department: Consumer Innovation
Location: 600 Grant St, Pittsburgh PA 15219
At UPMC Health Plan, "consumer innovation" isn't just a description of what we do. We live where health and wellness meet design and technology, and where success means human-centered solutions.
As the Data Curation Analyst - Senior within UPMC Health Plan's Strategic Consumer Innovation department, you'll work as part of a digital product development team providing insights that shape our mobile and web properties that empower our members. This role works across the organization to identify and integrates new data sources/elements and provides reporting that drives the user experience and business results.
The Data Curation Analyst - Senior works within UPMC Health Plan's Population Health Management technology innovation division as part of a broad data, analytics and knowledge management team. The Analyst- Senior identifies, and integrates new data sources/elements, and provides ongoing monitoring and maintenance of existing data sources. Collectively, these data are a critical foundation that enable analytics and business intelligence assets to be delivered through proprietary organizational software systems. This curation requires creation of highly complex programming, data set infrastructure, and other advanced technical processes to integrate healthcare data elements from disparate sources throughout the UPMC enterprise and its partner organizations.
* Adopt and promote best practices, tools, and methods set by team/department leadership.
* Assist team leadership with distribution and monitoring of work assignments.
* Assist with orientation and process-specific training of new staff members.
* Coordinate ongoing communication with other departments in order to manage information integrity and maintain cross-department processes.
* Develop and maintain working relationships with internal UPMC health Plan departments, and external contacts as appropriate.
* Develop high-complexity integrated data sets to enable analysis, clinical operations, decision support, and refactoring of analytic assets.
* Identify and define key data source dependencies for analytics and business intelligence assets.
* Investigate data errors/variances and derive solutions with appropriate follow-up monitoring.
* Maintain policies and procedures of the team/department.
* Maintain up-to-date information on status and effort related to each project.
* Make recommendations for optimal data extraction, manipulation, and integration methodologies based upon research and analysis.
* Manage data, business rule definitions, and classifications for triggering clinical worklist creation.
* Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by supervisor. (These deadlines will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both.)
* Perform validation and ensure quality standards for high-complexity data sets created by fellow team members.
* Provide technical consultation and act as reference point to peers, other business areas, senior leadership and external customers.
* Work closely with software development teams to ensure connectivity and integrity of data assets for deployment.
* Bachelors degree in information systems, data management, healthcare management, business, or related field.
* Masters or other advanced degree preferred.
* Minimum of three-to-five years of work experience in information technology, healthcare, business, or research is required. Five years is preferred.
* Experience in health insurance or healthcare industry is preferred, but those with relevant experience in other industries may be considered.
* Data and Technology Experience: Experience and high technical proficiency in SQL and/or SAS programming is required.
* Experience with other programming languages used in data science (such as Python or R) is valuable.
* Extensive experience in other programming languages may be considered.
* Extensive experience with extraction and manipulation of large, complex data sets is required.
* Extensive experience managing/preparing data sets for use in analysis, modeling, or business operations is required.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel) is required.
* Experience with data visualization tools (such as PowerBI, Tableau, or QlikView) is highly preferred.
* Experience with Google Analytics reporting and implementation
The ability to effectively communicate issues and results, verbally and in writing, is required.
* The ability to use effective time management skills, including prioritization multiple tasks, is necessary for success.
* Attention to detail is critically important in this role.
* Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ambiguous/fluid environment.
* A strong customer/stakeholder focus is expected at all times.
* Team player that displays professionalism at all times.
* Ability to work extra hours if required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $30.89 to $52.76
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
University Of Pittsburgh Medical CenterPittsburghPA
VIEW JOBS11/3/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-01T00:00Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc., (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are seeking an experienced Data Analyst II to join the MSA Information Management Solutions (IMS) division which has been offering data and insight solutions to the Consumer Package Goods industry since the early 1980s.
As a Data Analyst II you will be working closely with a cross sectional team of IT, Client Relations and Operational personnel to manage and deliver data directly to our clients. This will include data loading, cleansing, master data management and extraction as well as building data warehouses and reporting. You will work across multiple IT groups to ensure system releases are successfully migrated to production and that all deliverables reach our clients on time and correct. This position is a great way to build skills in master data management, SQL and data analysis.
* Translate client requirements into specific tasks and actions needed to deliver on our commitments
* Load, Query, extract and validate data
* Refresh databases with current data, ensure data is correct and prepare reports and other deliverables for our clients
* Identify problems and proactively look for areas to automate and improve.
* Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and system implementations. Perform quality assurance functions to validate data, software, hardware, or procedure changes.
* Communicate and work with other IMS cross functional teams
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience. A master's degree in a relevant discipline may substitute for one year of experience
* Minimum two years related experience performing data management, quality assurance, and operational database support tasks
* Microsoft Office
* Relational database and data analysis
* Oracle and Unix
* Knowledge of database structures and data models
* Interpersonal and communication skills
* Multi-tasking skills
Desired Skills and Expereince
* Scheduling software i.e. Control M or Appworx
* Project management
* Experience with third party reporting and master data management tools
* Training skills
Management Science Associates, Inc.PittsburghPA
VIEW JOBS11/2/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-31T00:00<p>Recognized as a #1 Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Mid-Atlantic Surgical Systems is a regional agency for Arthrex (<a href="https://workable.com/nr?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arthrex.com%2F" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener" class="external">www.arthrex.com</a>), a leading global medical device company specializing in orthopedics.</p> <p>We are currently seeking a Senior Data Analyst to lead all reporting and analysis functions. This vital role works directly with company leadership and requires a high degree of accuracy, personal integrity, and professionalism. As the Senior Data Analyst, your daily work will make a meaningful impact on company success. Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, conditional formatting, and formulas, will be critical to success along with a willingness to embrace new technology to continuously improve the overall business.</p> <p>The biggest attribute of our company is the positive, competitive and caring culture. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to advance their career with fast growing company that is forecasted to double in size over the next five years. Learn more about Mid-Atlantic Surgical Systems at <a href="https://workable.com/nr?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.masurgical.com%2F" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener" class="external">www.masurgical.com</a>.</p> <p><strong>Responsibilities</strong></p> <ul> <li>Work with management team to analyze sales rep performance, territory alignment, territory expense management and quota allocation</li> <li>Build, maintain, and trouble-shoot sales compensation reporting systems</li> <li>Support yearly compensation plan updates in quotas, rates, new hires, terminations and new plan implementation</li> <li>Prepare monthly financial expense reports, along with recommendations for continuous improvement</li> <li>Analyze systems and data to reduce inventory consignment fees, freight cost, and expired inventory</li> <li>Proactively and continuously identify key data analysis projects</li> <li>Use strong organizational skills to assure projects and assignments are completed in a timely fashion</li> <li>Lead transition Excel reporting to Salesforce and automate data processes</li> </ul><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><ul> <li>For consideration, please <a href="https://workable.com/nr?l=https%3A%2F%2Fmidatlantic.recruiterbox.com%2Fjobs%2Ffk01eza" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener" class="external">apply directly</a> </li> <li>Bachelor’s Degree</li> <li>High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including Pivot Tables</li> <li>Strong attention to detail</li> <li>Ability to handle confidential information professionally</li> <li>Ability to thrive in a demanding, change-oriented, fast paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity</li> <li>Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills</li> <li>Salesforce or CRM experience preferred</li> <li>Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines</li> </ul><p><br></p><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><p>Office is located within the Foster Plaza complex in Greentree. Competitive compensation with excellent benefits and 401K options. </p>Mid-Atlantic Surgical SystemsPittsburghPA