VIEW JOBS10/10/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-08T00:00Job Description Job #: 883089
The desired candidate should have 5+ years of Data Analyst experience, specializing in collecting, sorting, and studying data for interpretation and analysis. The candidate should have experience with a SQL Management tool running queries against industry standard Data Base Management Systems. The candidate should also have experience with performing and communicating data consistency and accuracy assessments across key IT Infrastructure SORs.
* Perform analytical analysis and assessments of data integration sources into the Master Data Warehouse
* Perform and communicate data consistency and accuracy assessments across key IT infrastructure SORs
* Ability to drive future data standardization and quality measurements based on analysis outcomes
* Experience in Data Analysis or Data Integration
* Strong SQL skills against industry standard DBMS (Netezza, IBM, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server)
* Problem Management and root cause for data quality issues and development of metrics to support
* Strong interpersonal and business skills to achieve cooperation/coordination of multiple tasks being performed
* The ability to communicate effectively to multiple levels in technology organization
* Conduct quality assurance of integrated data supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization
* Very strong time management and task prioritization skills
* The ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
* Ability to work with Senior management both on the Technology as well as Business
* Experience working and articulating analysis results
* Knowledge of IT Service Management, ITIL principles (Specifically, IT Asset and Configuration Management)
* ITIL V3 2011
* Assess and suggest changes to the Master Model over time
* Provide input to reporting and integration requirements
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] -6178.
VIEW JOBS10/17/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-15T00:00Job Description:
Provides technical systems and software support for modification, implementation, or conversion of business systems. Supports the process of translating business needs into formal Business Requirements deliverables. Acts as liaison between business unit and software, hardware developers and vendors. Participates in design, development and implementation of complex applications or systems, often using new technologies. Serves as a fully seasoned, proficient technical resource. Participates as an individual contributor on projects, completing activities as a part of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities, typically as an individual contributor. Often provides oversight and guidance to more junior business and systems analysts. IT degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience.
* Developing reports, dashboards, and visualizations to ensure data analysis is clearly and effectively communicated
* Evaluating business operations through quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify potential process improvements
* Work closely with upstream and downstream technology partners in identifying root cause analysis for data quality issues
* Analyze data issues and requests, and work with upstream partners to remediate.
* Create and maintain project related document deliverables used for requirements gathering, high level design, test planning, metadata, testing and validation, and deployment planning.
* Perform several technical functions related operational and development requirements to include: discover, understand, analyze and document data issues, data enhancements and collect business requirements in the form of functional specifications.
* Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs.
* 5-7 years of applicable experience in data analysis and reporting.
* Excellent data analysis skills, using SQL to access Teradata databases.
* Very good understanding of Database and Data warehousing concepts.
* Excellent requirements collection and documentation skills.
* Excellent communications, planning, collaboration and organizational skills.
* Works under minimal supervision on data analysis and data quality support functions.
* Strong team player
Top 3 technical skill-sets:
* Data Visualization – Tableau, Microstrategy, Excel
Enterprise Role Overview:
Understands and works across teams on all downstream provisioning requirements for the domain. Assists with an inventory of all applications in the data flow for the domain. Supports data domain adherence to EDM Standards, including implementation and monitoring of all required transport controls and maintenance of all required metadata. Assists in remediation of data incidents.
Posting Date: 10/16/2019
Location: Charlotte, NC, GATEWAY VILLAGE, 900 W TRADE ST, - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Bank Of America CorporationCharlotteNC
VIEW JOBS10/11/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-09T00:00Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Supports the development of business requirements for information delivery; acts as Tier 1 support for the development of BI solutions; and ensures the business has the information necessary to perform their function. Provide senior level independent data analysis, profiling and data quality support to multiple business units including: Accounting Finance and Reporting (includes General Ledger, Subledger), Enterprise Spend Management (ESM) and Services Procurement, Capital Management, Management Reporting, Corporate Tax and Funds Management. Review, modify and recommend business requirements for data in the applicable portfolio. Validate feasibility of the business requirements by profiling existing data sources, or reaching out to source systems to acquire new data sources to meet business needs. Act as a liaison between business owners to development to provide a translation from business perspective into a development view. Ensure that the appropriate processes and procedures are followed for all work done and that documentation is developed in a timely manner.
On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation ("Truist"). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Lead data analysis and research activities necessary to support the day-to-day operation of multiple business units including: Accounting Finance and Reporting (includes General Ledger, Subledger), ESM and Services Procurement, Capital Management, Management Reporting, Corporate Tax and Funds Management.
2. Provide data support of the full life cycle of the United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Liquidity, Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL), Market Risk Liquidity Capital Committee (MRLCC), Risk, and BASEL I, II and III reporting, including analysis, design, and testing of applications to produce the final reports. Create repeatable data profiling strategies using SAS, BOBJ, ABAP and SQL.
3. Execute a systematic data quality analysis and profile to validate feasibility of business requirements.
4. Partner with Enterprise Data Office (EDO) to build metadata framework and quality measurement framework for enhanced data governance.
5. Prepare additional data for audit purposes and/or for other regulatory reports. Support other users of the Risk Exposure Data – Credit (RED-C) mart, FMER, iFARM (SAP finance and risk data platform) and custom data warehouses to ensure the data meets the business needs across the enterprise and is delivered with applicable controls and governance.
6. Partner with IT to ensure there are controls in place for provisioning and supply chain end to end for all data for the Risk Exposure Data – Credit (RED-C) mart, FMER, iFARM (SAP finance and risk data platform) and custom data warehouses.
7. Develop testing and processes to ensure data integrity and accuracy of the data in all internal and external reporting processes. Verify that procedure documentation is being followed.
8. Follow all processes and procedures and provide documentation on all work.
9. As required, lead junior members of the team in completing other tasks.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or equivalent education and related training
2. Seven years of work experience in accessing enterprise data source and developing enterprise reporting
3. Experience in SAS coding and SQL languages
4. Experience with databases, such as DB2, Oracle or Teradata
5. Good written and verbal communication skills
6. Effective organizational skills
7. Information Technology Infrastructure Library/Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (ITIL/COBIT) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) certification
8. Data modeling in SAP BW-HANA experience
9. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
10. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Experience with SAS Enterprise Guide, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) tool and business intelligence tools
2. Process management experience, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) and/or The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) certification
3. Project management experience, Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Experience with Hadoop, HANA and Netezza warehousing
5. Experience with Bank Analyzer – AFI, Profitability Manager, Credit Risk Analyzer, Basel Analyzer, SAP General Ledger, SAP Subledger (Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets/Asset Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Project Systems, Human Capital Management (HCM), Cost Allocations, Real Estate Management), Services Procurement in ARIBA and SAP, Master Data Management, Quantitative Risk Management (QRM), Liquidity Risk Management (LRM) Summit, Intrader and Thomson Reuters
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify