Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join our fast growing beauty brand and become a fundamental member of our expanding team. At OSEA Malibu, we are always looking to apply the power of data-driven insights to more efficiently manage and accelerate the growth of our business. Our Data Analyst will be central to this and a critical role in the company. This role will have interaction with all functional areas of the business (Sales, Finance, Operations, Marketing and Product Development) and focus on generating both backward and forward looking data insights to help support a majority of our business decisions. The ideal candidate will additionally share our commitment to wellness in both our products and work-life balance. Our mission is to create effective, results-driven skincare that is safe for the planet and humankind.
- Demand Planning
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels (i.e. Per Customer, Per Channel, etc).
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers (i.e. Customer POS data, industry trends, etc) and evaluate forecast accuracy on a continual basis.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the model(s) to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Utilize a collaborative approach with Sales, Marketing and Finance to ensure that current and accurate information is driving the demand forecast.
- Provide input to Operations and Sales to collaboratively develop inventory strategies on existing items, new products and product exits.
- Generalized Reporting
- Manage and help create all monthly KPI reports/Dashboards.
- Update current reports on the prescribed frequency and generate key insights/takeaways that key stakeholders should be aware of.
- Work to automate and simplify current reports as much as possible to drive to real-time visibility where it makes sense.
- Learn the various systems utilized by each functional area (i.e. ERP, Google Analytics, Shopify, Quickbooks) and work within them to generate actionable reporting and insights that can be used by key stakeholders to drive the business.
- Make suggestions on future reporting needs, systems and strategies to ensure we have accurate, well organized and clean data.
- Aid in the development and maintenance of a rolling 3-year financial model for the company.
- Help the various functional areas develop business cases around key investments or revenue generating initiatives.
- Regularly review and analyze how our products pricing impacts sales velocity with an eye on margin. Make recommendations to suggested changes that align with company goals.
- Facilitate and manage demand planning for customer meetings to achieve ongoing consensus between the business and the supply chain.
- Publish data to the key functions on at the right frequency to ensure each team has what they need to do their job.
- 4 year degree preferred
- Interest and enthusiasm for health, wellness and beauty and keeping up with trends in the industry
- Enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You dont get flustered easily. If you dont know the answer you dig until you find it, or until you have enough evidence to make a strong recommendation.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Statistics, Forecasting and Forecasting Methods, SQL and CSV.
- You have a strong knowledge in the following areas:
- Demand planning software
- Google Analytics
- Have a strong understanding of the KPIs in retail.
- Have experience with business and revenue modeling techniques.
- Have an ability to conduct a cost/benefit analysis.
- Are experienced in developing business cases.
- Have great attention to detail and organization.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication that enables you to work collaboratively across functions.
- Must be willing to fall in love with our products, work in a collaborative environment and most importantly have fun while we work.
Medical, dental and vision insurance, generous vacation benefits, 401k, facials, team lunches and more!