Portland , OR 97230
Posted 2 weeks ago
Lazarus Naturals is on a mission to make quality hemp-based CBD accessible to everyone. Its why we own our manufacturing process from start to finishfrom our hemp farms in Central Oregon, to our extraction, formulation, and packagingits all designed to deliver safe, effective CBD at an affordable price for all. This enables us to provide a 60% discount to veterans, low income and disabled individuals, so they can access the benefits of CBD too. We are proud of our products, our processes, and our people, and were absolutely passionate about doing the right thing well.
We are looking for an On-site Data Analyst to manage the entire lifecycle of our business data from defining requirements, to data collection, analysis and reporting. The Data Analyst will be part of a team that takes data and turns it into actionable reporting and insights that inform business decisions and improvement. Please note this position is not remote.
Data Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality. Manage master data creation, updates and deletion filter, compare and clean data by reviewing reporting to locate and correct any data or code problems.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources; reorganize this data in a format that can be easily read and usable for reporting, analysis and decision-making.
- Perform data validation and reconciliation of information generated by multiple systems, to define the correct information (one truth) for use in reporting.
- Analyze results using statistical techniques and provide actionable reporting to management.
- Interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Create appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate the analysis.
- Conduct analysis and create reporting on customer, sales and product performance and patterns. Prepare reports for management stating trends, patterns and predictions using relevant data. Collaborate with internal constituencies to determine and prioritize recurring and ad hoc business reporting and information needs.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise/propose data governance strategies.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics or Economics. Certifications and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Proven working experience (minimum of three years) as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst with a consumer products company
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- SQL database expertise required. Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS).
- Knowledge of how to create and apply the most accurate algorithms to datasets to find solutions.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Outstanding technology and software aptitude. Knowledge of MS Office and Google Suite products. Expert database and spreadsheet skills.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large data sets and relational databases. Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to solicit and understand analytical and reporting needs and requirements from sales and operating units and effectively communicate with and to all levels of management and staff within the organization. Proficient writing and presentation skills.
- Intellectual curiosity the desire to learn, grow and improve.
- Collaborator. Always willing to help others and assist when and where needed.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, and dental insurance)
- Employee discount program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- 401K plan
- FSA & commuter benefits
This is a full-time ON-SITE role in our Portland, Oregon office. Please note, we will not consider applicants outside the immediate area. Interested parties are encouraged to include a cover letter detailing why you think you could be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Veterans strongly encouraged to apply.
Lazarus Naturals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.