Data Analysis Industrial Post-Doc
Menlo Park , CA 94025
Posted 7 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A successful Postdoc applicant at Clear Labs will make key contributions to revolutionizing the food safety industry. S/he will be able to leverage large datasets generated by Clear Labs scientists to develop and optimize mathematical models used for detection and characterization of foodborne pathogens. Working closely with data scientists, bioinformaticians and molecular biologists, s/he will design large-scale experiments for testing and validation of these models. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a cutting-edge industry setting on challenging R&D projects that will have a far-reaching impact on food safety.
- Apply mathematical models to DNA sequencing data to achieve desired outcomes.
- Analyze large-scale datasets to gain insights into how to improve sensitivity and specificity of microbial detection assays.
- Reduce the complexity of combinatorial experiments while maximizing the information obtained from these experiments (Design of Experiments or DOE)
- Query custom databases to pull relevant datasets to address particular scientific questions.
- Evaluate third-party analysis and visualization tools and libraries for integration into production-level analysis pipelines.
- Collaborate closely with the science team to generate training data for informing mathematical models.
- Optimize and parallelize large-scale analyses in order to arrive more quickly at biologically meaningful solutions.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics or other quantitative fields.
- Experience with maximum likelihood, multivariate statistics, and machine learning
- Proficiency with SQL and UNIX shells
- Proficiency with a scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Must work well as part of a team and be an independent worker
- Good communication skills
- Experience analyzing NGS data is a plus