Cyber SOC Analyst
Accenture Federal Services
Chandler , AZ 85225
Posted 1 week ago
Do you want to work for a company that is passionate about security and has a fun, start-up culture with large company perks? Do you want to be in an environment where you will continuously learn new skills, grow and take on new opportunities due to the abundance of new projects on the horizon?
If you answered yes to these questions, this opportunity could be for you!
Defense Point Security is currently seeking a Cyber SOC (Security Operations Center) Analyst for an opening in Chandler, AZ with an active Secret level clearance. Security analysts needed to staff a 24x7
- Monitoring and analyzing network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs
- Prioritizing and differentiating between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms
- Develop, maintain, and follow SOC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Support daily and monthly situation reporting per shift
- Proactively reviewing large data sets for anomalous activity
- Create detective content for monitoring devices such as IDS and SIEM and advise on proactive blocks for security architecture
- Creating and tracking security investigations to resolution
- Composing security alert notifications and other communications
- Advising incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents
- Staying up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures
Cyber SOC Job Qualifications:
- This position requires US Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligations
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of experience in security
- Previous experience on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience with Anti-Virus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls, Active Directory, Vulnerability Assessment tools and other security tools found in large network environments; along with experience working with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions
- Familiarity with various network and host-based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages
Cyber SOC Preferred Qualifications:
- A Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) certification.
- Experience within the Department of Homeland Security or other government agencies.
- Digital Media Analysis (DMA) and prior computer forensics experience strongly desired.
Location: Chandler, AZ
ng>Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Security Requirement: Secret
All candidates must be clearable.
To see other locations please see the Cyber Defense Career Menu on defpoint.com
Defense Point Security (DPS) is an IT Security Consulting firm specializing in public and private sector security solutions. Our goal is to provide expert IT security services to our clients while cultivating information security knowledge among all employees for the advancement of cyber security.
Defense Point Security offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums are 100% paid by DPS for employee and eligible dependents
- Personal Accident Insurance paid by DPS
- Life Insurance paid by DPS
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance paid by DPS
- 401k Contribution Matching and 100% vested after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Assistance
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks a year (15 days)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- Capital BikeShare Membership for DC Metro Area
- Reimbursement for qualifying training expenses
- Flexible / Alternative Work Schedules
Defense Point Security is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse Community workforce. DPS gives equal consideration to all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.