Cyber Security Technical Writer
Arlington , VA 22201
Posted 1 week ago
OVERVIEW: phia LLC is seeking a highly skilled Senior Technical Writer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
- Function as a communications and information specialist, preparing material for publications and other media internally and externally.
- Coordinate publications and other collateral material using both print and electronic media including the web and desktop publishing software to draft, edit, and lay out material for distribution.
- Responsible for final reviews of proposed publications for style, design, layout, and editorial aspects before government approval.
- Research, analyze, and perform technical review on triage of questions, issues, or events involving the nation's critical communications infrastructure.
- Gather necessary information from Program personnel, other DHS employees, and applicable policy, regulations, and best practices to support the Government in developing, writing, formatting, and editing technical and non-technical information for reports, manuals, procedures, processes, briefs, and other forms of documentation.
- Provide technical and editorial document review and written feedback and expert opinion on draft cyber/infrastructure security information documents.
- Develops and maintains operational procedures documents, testing and certification of government and contractor operations personnel, and maintains training records.
- Draft, coordinate, and implement updates to maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to carry out detailed customer functions.
- Maintain contact information and distribution lists; manage alerting capabilities; scheduling visits, tours, and facilities; ensure awareness and compliance with DHS.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 9 years of experience required.
- Cyber security/IT security professional writing experience.
Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Department of Homeland Security experience desired.
- DHS EOD.
WORK SCHEDULE: 2nd Shift
TRAVEL: 10% of the time
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: N/A
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Active TS/SCI or DS EOD
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customers missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
Short Term & Long Term Disability
401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition and Professional Development Assistance