Cyber Security Engineer
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Palmdale , CA 93551
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Lockheed Martin Corporate Information Security (CIS) is seeking a cyber security engineer with experience supporting Enterprise class systems and technologies. In this role, you will work with individuals from a variety of technical and functional disciplines to provide guidance regarding engineering solutions that meet overall business needs while also integrating necessary security controls.
The primary focus of the position will be part of the CIS Services Security Engineering (SSE) team supporting Enterprise Operations. The secondary focus will be helping drive the overall SSE Cyber Security mission position supporting all business areas within the Enterprise.
The optimal candidate for this role understands underlying supporting infrastructures and business drivers of systems being supported. Additionally, the optimal candidate will be able to develop appropriate security controls for those systems and be able to drive implementations that enable the business to succeed.
This position supports all business areas within the Enterprise. This role is a full-time teleworker position.
Duties will vary, but may include any or all of the following:
- Cyber Security Engineering
- Supporting Enterprise Services including best practices for securing and hardening systems both in on premises hosted, cloud hosted, and SaaS hosted implementations. Operational knowledge of business intelligence and enterprise management systems in support of evaluating threats and criticality to support continued business operations. Understanding of both on premise and private and public cloud hosted SaaS including identity federation and secure data storage/transmission.
- Project Security Engineering
- Engaging on customer projects to assist in engineering secure solutions in accordance with policies, procedures, standards, and best practices. The security engineer conducts threat analysis and modeling, defines security requirements, analyzes and tests the environment against the requirements, recommends remediation for identified risks, documents the security posture of the environment, including unmitigated risks and presents the information to the CIS Engineering Technical Review Board or other authorities. Existing tools, templates and techniques may be used to aid with analysis, but unique situations may require additional consulting and identifying non-standard approaches to securing the environment.
- Performing a security analysis of Open Source, Software as a Service (SaaS) and COTS solutions to determine the viability of installing them in the Lockheed Martin computing environment. Standard processes and tools may be used to analyze the product. The security engineer will document their findings and make a recommendation on use of the product and specify any conditions of use that might apply to reduce risk.
- Containerized Environments
- Performing a security analysis of OpenShift hosted environments and identifying security best practices for software and container deployments using threat driven methodologies as the basis for the analysis.
- Security Engineer may participate in exploration initiatives or other special assignments, applying security knowledge, policies, procedures and best practices to identify security solutions for potential use across the enterprise.
- All security engineers must be familiar with CPS/IPM/CRX policies, standards, practices and procedures, specifically those pertaining to security and the protection of the LM network.
LOCATION: Work location can be at/near any major US LM facility.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO GET A SECURITY CLEARANCE AT SECRET LEVEL AT A MINIMUM.
Proven ability to interpret security and information protection policies into executable requirements.
Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of IT disciplines including software, hardware, network engineering.
Demonstrated awareness of common cyber security vulnerabilities.
Demonstrated experience in Information Assurance and cyber security engineering principles involving application security, security testing, communications / network security, cloud security and SaaS/PaaS, IaaS security.
Experience developing or testing web applications or web services.
Experience performing security risk assessments.
Proven successful experience interacting with internal customers and project co-workers.
Proven successful experience interacting with external vendors / suppliers / partners.
Proven, effective written and oral communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
Experience following standardized engineering life-cycle processes and tailoring processes when appropriate.