Customer Support Specialist
San Diego , CA 92140
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This role is a customer facing role. The Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for a variety of activities as part of the Aftermarket team. This includes managing/coordinating maintenance service plans for APUs, warranty process guidelines and adjudication, prioritize of contracts and contract negotiations to support customers, repair coordination. This is an expanded role used to support the breadth of the Aftermarket services.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Prioritize of customer support contracts and contract negotiations with new customers
- Support of MRO facility by prioritizing and coordinating product through the shop
- Assist Sales Administrator in warranty adjudication through warranty claims forms
- Customer support focal for export control dealing with shipment of goods and data
- Manage sales and sales strategies for Power By The Hour maintenance service plans to customers
- Pursue aftermarket tooling, spare parts, and other aftermarket sales
- Manage and develop sales and leads from opportunities generated from own leads and from internal leads
- Negotiate pricing of products/services with future customers
- Make the link between the products' economy, technology, industrialization and performance
- Create marketing brochures and help coordinate marketing activities for sales events and internal marketing initiatives
- Conduct market analyses and research in order to identify and evaluate market opportunities and establish plans of action
- Execute Voice of Customer surveys related to customer satisfaction
- Execute benchmark activities to improve Customer Support offerings
- Provide inputs from the field to validate the program business case
- Develop the commercial strategy in terms of sales and coordinate its implementation
- Help in developing profitability studies
- Must have Aerospace experience specifically in regards to maintenance service plans for Auxiliary Power Units or main engines
- Must have experience adjudicating warranties or reviewing warranty claims
- Must have Aerospace market expertise and customer support knowledge. Prefer experience from Biz jet market
- Knowledge of export control and understanding of its role as it relates to data and commodities
- Business, Economics, Marketing or similar degree preferred
- 3 + years' experience in Aerospace industry recommended
- Knowledge of economics, performance characteristics and specifications of the products for which APUs are designed
- Know how to develop standard commercial proposals; conduct order reviews; and customer follow-up in the context of the sales policy
- Knowledge of the product for which APUs are designed, the component parts, the technology and the characteristics of the products for which APUs are designed
- Market knowledge desirable: should know and understand the structure of the market and the products and services proposed by the competition
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment: know how to work regularly with a network of people from different cultures. Know how to adapt to the cultural codes of a geographical area
- Ability to work as part of a team
Specificity of the job
Must be able to travel up 15% of the time
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.