1.Install, repair, support, and maintain equipment generally located in central offices. This equipment may include but is not limited to:
2.Perform other work as business needs demand including but not limited to installation, repair, support, and maintenance of similar equipment located at customer premises.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (required):
1.Internal applicants must have satisfactory performance in all respects of current position.
2.If applicable, must successfully complete prerequisite training and testing.
3.Must be able to correctly identify all colors of a color-coded cable.
4.Must be able to interpret work drawings and instructions, complete paper and HHT work.
5.Must be able to effectively communicate with the public, co-workers and managers.
6.Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
7.Must be available for overtime, after hours call-outs or work during non-scheduled hours.
8.Must be available to work assigned schedules, including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
9.Must be capable of heavy lifting.
10. Must be capable of working with and maintaining assigned tools and equipment.
11. Must be neat in appearance, be able to write legibly, and prepare and maintain neat and accurate records.
12. Must be willing and ready to work in any assigned location and to attend schools for training, which may require over night travel as determined by the Company.
13. Must demonstrate the ability to learn and use a variety of current and future applications, test systems or information systems as they are developed.
14. Must have a working knowledge of telephony outside plant including but not limited to drops, cross-boxes, fiber systems, terminals, etc.
15. Must have a basic understanding of electronic theory.
16. Must have a working knowledge of computers and any applicable applications.
17. Must successfully complete all necessary safety training including Ladder Safety.
18. Must meet weight requirements as defined in Windstream's Safe Load Limits for Equipment and Ladders Policy.
19. Must participate in Windstream Rewards program, which includes selling Company products and services to existing/potential customers.
20. Must reside within a reasonable distance of assigned reporting center.
Minimum Qualifications (required):
Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent plus two-year technical degree in computers or electronics or the equivalent in work experience.
Experience: 3-5 years experience with installation or maintenance of telecommunications voice & data network service & equipment or equivalent education (see "education" above).
Certification/License: Must maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record