Kelly Services has partnered with a reputable Kansas City, MO client! We are seeking 100+ Inbound and Outbound Customer Service Specialists! Temp-to-Hire opportunities with starting pay of $13.50/h!
The Care Authorization Specialist will review and process Veteran care referral requests and healthcare authorization forms to the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Medical Centers and community health care professionals.
- Review and process medical documentation from community providers following Veteran care and treatment.
- Work with VA Care in the community staff and community medical offices to address and resolve any incomplete information required for Veteran treatment and care.
- Protect the health care privacy of patients by strictly following HIPAA regulations
- Follow processes of the VA program and perform all tasks in a courteous and professional manner
- Understand and work with standard coding systems including: standard medical taxonomy, International Classification for Diseases, Current Procedural Terminology, and Health Care Common Procedure Coding System.
- Work in a variety of systems to perform required tasks
- Manage prioritized tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Perform other tasks as assigned by leadership
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum one full year of experience working in a customer service environment
- Must have experience with data-entry related to reasonably complex information such as medical records
- Must be proficient with a computer including Microsoft Office, the Internet, and other systems
- Should possess the ability to complete tasks thoroughly and efficiently
Preferred, but not required:
- College-level course work in the healthcare or equivalent field is a plus
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is a plus
- Experience with medical terms (including the interpretation and use of ICD and CPT codes is a plus
These opportunities will go fast, apply now for immediate consideration!