Are you interested in joining an industry leader who is passionate about growth? At Southern States Cooperative (A Farmer Owned Cooperative since 1923); we are focused on helping our employees and our customers grow, by being the very best at offering challenging and rewarding career opportunities to our employees and providing superior products, services and growing solutions for our valued customers. We want to hear from you, so come grow with us!!!Performs a variety of customer service and business office functions for a Southern States agronomy, farm supply, member co-op, and/or petroleum location. This multi-level role ranges from entry-level customer support and bookkeeping to senior-level customer relations, office administration, and coordination of high volume or large revenue orders. Retail business volume and number of locations supported are factors in determining level.How you will impact Southern States Cooperative:
What you need to succeed:Education
- Assist management and staff, vendors, suppliers, customers, sales team, and other business partners with inquiries regarding daily operations. Provide timely information requiring knowledge of SSC policies, orders, operations and current initiatives. Communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Answer primary business phone and email account. Provide information regarding order status, product availability, services, and current initiatives
- Contact customers via telephone to assist with issues and questions about products and services
- Open, sort, and distribute US mail and parcel deliveries.
- Receive and process delivery tickets and work orders for a variety of products and related services. Accurately enter order information into the system and communicate details according to location/company procedures. Schedule delivery and/or service appointments for new and recurring orders.
: High School diploma is required.Experience
: Prefer 6 months of experience in a retail setting providing excellent customer service and operating point of sale equipment. Prefer experience in agribusiness or related field.
Some of the many benefits we offer:
- Able to consistently demonstrate customer-focused interpersonal skills, communicate in a positive and professional manner
- Able to learn and consistently demonstrate knowledge of facility guidelines and standard operating procedures for handling cash and utilizing point of sale equipment
- Able to learn and effectively apply knowledge of a variety of store merchandise to correctly answer general customer questions and make recommendations
- Attention to detail to perform check-out, exchange and return transactions, handle cash accurately and maintain awareness of merchandise to reduce incidences of loss
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accident Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Office
- Vacation Buy-Back
- Company Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Merchandise Discounts
- Wellness Program
- Volunteer Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Southern States Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws or regulations.