Customer Service Representative: Memorial Practice Mgmt
Memorial Healthcare System
Miramar , FL 33023
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Serves as an initial point of contact and resource for internal and external inquiries regarding service issues on patient accounts.
Receives and responds to customer inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolution of patient account issues. Provides assistance/counseling regarding setting up payment plans and resolving billing/collection errors.
Reviews patient account history and contacts appropriate internal/external resources as necessary to investigate and resolve patient account issues. Refers/escalates issues to appropriate personnel as necessary.
Documents/notes patient accounts regarding identified issues and responses taken.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT: Manages completion of work assignments based on priority and due dates.
- INSURANCE VERIFICATION: Verifies and enters insurance information and authorization/referral requirements.
- ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Required to type 35 wpm.
Required Work Experience: None required.
- Keyboard Entry 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
- Sitting 80.00%
- Standing 80.00%
- Walking 80.00%
- Audible Speech 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity 80.00%
- Depth Perception 80.00%
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics.
Memorial Support Services provides a variety of business services to support our facilities. The main offices are located in Miramar with satellite offices located throughout our system.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.