Customer Service Representative -(Medical)
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Sarasota , FL 34236
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking a Customer Service Representative in our Sarasota, FL office.
The Customer Service Representative will effectively communicate with patients regarding services they received and will collect any outstanding balance due on the patients account.
Duties and responsibilities include the following and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Address upset and/or concerned patients to resolve account issues.
Receive in-bound patient calls and resolve questions and/or issues with the patients account(s).
Make outbound self-pay pre-collection calls prior to accounts being placed with collection agency or written off.
Make payment arrangements with patients.
Complete charity care write-offs.
Process patient payments over the phone.
Update patient information into the applicable HIS system.
Process patient correspondence.
Respond to all inquiries in a professional manner
Performs other activities and responsibilities as assigned.
Follows Company and Department policies and procedures, as set out by Company management. Completes job duties and assignments timely, accurately and with a professional attitude and appearance. Maintains a positive and cooperative relationship with other Company personnel. Maintains a regular, predictable attendance and has the ability to keep a regular work schedule.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Advanced aptitude in: Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel Pivot Tables, Project, and PowerPoint)
- Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design work flows and procedures.
- Assess own strengths and weaknesses; seek feedback to improve performance; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge; uses resources effectively.
Use of Technology
- Demonstrate required skills; adapt to new technologies; troubleshoot technological problems; use technology to increase productivity; keep technical skills up to date.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Express ideas and thoughts verbally; express ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibit good listening and comprehension; keep others adequately informed; select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Establish and maintain effective relations; exhibit tact and consideration; offer assistance and support to co-workers; work cooperatively in group situations; work actively to resolve conflicts.
Managing Customer Focus
- Promote customer focus; establish customer service standards; provide training in customer service delivery; monitor customer satisfaction; develop new approaches to meeting customer needs.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; put success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent. Diploma from a medical billing / coding program or 2 year previous medical billing / coding experience.