Customer Service Representative - Knoxville, TN
Knoxville , TN 37901
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Living Earth is one of the countrys largest producers of sustainable landscaping products, including mulch, compost and soils. Our products are manufactured from recycled green waste materials notably tree limbs, brush, leaves and grass clippings and sold through a unique, closed-loop business model; with 34 locations across 4 major markets (Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Knoxville).
Living Earth has built a strong, sustainable competitive advantage in the markets it serves through a network of convenient locations, unmatched delivery capabilities and quality specialty products. Our customers also benefit from lower total disposal costs and the satisfaction they are doing their part to improve the environment. We are a growing operation founded in 1985 and our TN team is currently expanding operations in the TN market.
Living Earth currently has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Customer Service Representative (CSR) for our Knoxville, TN region Monday through Saturday, handling customers and dispatching our small fleet of trucks for delivery. We are seeking career-minded individuals looking for a long-term opportunity to strive in our green, environmentally friendly recyclable industry.
Salary is commensurate depending on experience (hourly rate that includes overtime over 40 hrs/week).
The CSR will be tasked with and responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assisting customers with questions and process their orders.
- Vehicle Scale operations; controlling customer traffic, weighing customers in/out and capturing data.
- Answering incoming phone calls, product questions and delivery inquiries.
- Multitasking between handling walk-in customers, phone calls, and dispatching trucks for delivery.
- Scheduling delivery orders and ensure trucks are routed in the most efficient manner possible by maximizing our load densities.
- Assisting with the daily dispatching of company drivers on their loads and ensure schedule is being upheld.
- Assisting with keeping our product piles in a neat and orderly manner.
- Processing cash check and credit card payments for customer orders.
- Managing cash draw and ensure it is balanced daily.
- Helping to maintain a clean and inviting office space.
- Working Monday through Saturday (Saturday is a half day or as required).
- Being available to work overtime hours as needed.
- Assisting the Site Manager with any additional requests as they arise.
- Importantly, this individual must have a collaborative style with the ability to work with all levels in the organization. Utilize a variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to the various stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic and hands-on. Additionally, this individual must be ethical, energetic, and have good soft skills.
The following experiences and/or qualifications are required:
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- Understanding bulk materials management and oversight of logistics/ delivery/ dispatch of similar scale.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products and working with truck scales/software.
- Experience working in a mobile machinery/asset intensive industry such dry aggregates, dry bulk materials or national/regional landscape companies.
The following items are preferred, but not required:
- Salary is commensurate depending on education and experience (hourly rate, non-exempt).
- Living Earth offers a competitive array of benefits including vacation and holiday time, medical, dental, 401K and a bonus plan.
- Living Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.