Customer Service Representative (Community Happyness Guru)
Back To The Roots
Oakland , CA 94601
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Back to the Roots is an Oakland, CA organic food & gardening company on a mission to Undo Food and reconnect families back with where it comes from! Through our ready to grow and ready to eat products, we want to build a new future for food one where food is made in the kitchen, not a lab; and recipes aren't patented, but passed down. Whether you're growing your own food with our indoor gardening kits or enjoying our single-origin, farmer sourced cereal, we believe the underlying trust, transparency, and consciousness shouldn't change from the produce aisle to the grocery aisle. Learn more at: www.backtotheroots.com.
Back to the Roots was named a 2013 Martha Stewart Top Ten American Made honoree and recognized by President Obama as Champions of Change. Back to the Roots is also a b.Corporation and supported by Fund Good Jobs (come get a good job with us!). In addition, co-founders Nikhil and Alejandro have been honored with several awards recognizing their efforts in sustainability and entrepreneurship including BusinessWeeks Top 25 Entrepreneurs under 25, Inc.s 30 Under 30, Inc. 500, Forbes 30 Under 30, and CNNs 10 Next Entrepreneurs to Watch.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, incredibly talented & passionate team at the helm of growing one of the industrys most exciting brands. Customer service at Back to the Roots is all about passionately connecting with our customers and providing a foolproof experience for them to grow their indoor gardening kits. You will work closely with our co-founders, Product Development, Marketing, and Operations team to ensure our customer needs are being met at every level. As the first point of contact for people who have purchased our product, the Community Happyness Guru is expected to go above and beyond in caring for our customers by also building brand loyalty and Top Fans who are helping us spearhead a new future of food!
- Emails: you will be responsible for every customer support email that comes through. This includes responding to emails, labeling every email under the pertinent field, and updating those field and/or canned responses as necessary to reflect new products and issues/inquiries.
- Phones: manage account. You will be responsible for making sure every replacement request that comes through our phone line is entered in our warehouse system and communicate this back to the customer. You may also be required to follow-up directly with the customer via phone if they need it. You will also screen calls 3x per week to ensure quality is being met by our call center provider.
- Texting: you will answer every text that is received through our account.
- Social Media: daily check-in with Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to engage with customers who have posted photos and respond to any customers that may need help.
- Amazon: daily check-in to our amazon.com product pages to look for new reviews and respond to those that need outreach.
- Community Happyness Slides: a weekly composition you will put together in our ongoing template to snapshot the past week of customer support. This will include amazing customer photos, reviews, and letters that can be used to show our team how special our products are to those who use them.
- Customer Support Data: a monthly report you will complete that organizes data weve collected from email, phones, and Amazon to show us trends and changes in customer support.
- Participate in on-going projects with our R&D team as the voice of the customer in our mission to constantly improve the user experience with our products.
- Work closely with our order systems to process refunds, replacements, and/or follow-up with customers who have issues with orders and shipping.
- Implement strategies that successfully bring customers deeper into the heart of our brand by building relationships and experiences that foster curiosity and, of course, happiness! We dont just want folks who grow our products but who LOVE our products.
- Deep passion for our mission
- Experience & passion for customer service: you must be a people person who can deal with a variety of personalities in a calm, cheerful manner.
- Organized + proficient in time management: there are many moving pieces and some cross-functional roles you will be asked to perform so being able to schedule your time wisely is a must.
- Computer literate a MUST. Need to be quick to type and experienced in Google as we use various google sheets for many of our projects and processes.