Customer Service Manager
San Jose , CA 95112
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Enjoy the excitement and ownership of engineering in a small company environment. OLT Solar is seeking a Customer Service Manager to join a growing team developing plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD) equipment for the solar industry. OLT Solar is sized and managed as a fast-paced startup while operating as a subsidiary of Orbotech Ltd, a leader in FPD and PCB inspection equipment.
OLT Solar is looking for an experienced manager with the knowledge, skills and confidence to increase our customer’s satisfaction through world class support and improved tool performance. As a key part of the management team you will be responsible for managing a growing support organization across multiple continents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire and train field service engineers to support customer installations and ongoing activities
- Be responsible for the startup of new systems at customer sites
- Insure systems meet customer’s specifications by using best known practices
- Be the primary interface between the customer and factory
- Drive continuous improvement thru the engineering organization in response to customer needs
- Manage spares inventory both domestically and at remote logistic depots
- Provide up to date spares information and pricing to customers
- P&L responsibility for the service organization
- Quarterly travel to customer sites for management performance updates
- Managerial skills and a proven record of managing direct employees
- Ability to lead and manage projects within different cultural environments and without direct management (cross organization/company influence)
- Knowledge of 8D, Kepner Tregoe and other problem solving methodologies desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Team player, but able to work independently with little direction
- Familiar with document management systems, Bills of Materials (BOMs) and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5 + Years Proven experience in Customer Service Management
- BSc. Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical/Electrical/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience working in the FPD/PCB/Semiconductors capital EQ industry is an advantage
- PECVD equipment experience preferred
About OLT Solar:
OLT Solar, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, has brought to market a new PECVD deposition system for the crystalline silicon solar cell manufacturing. By combining a novel concept, efficient design and global infrastructure, OLT Solar is uniquely positioned to support the growth and success of the solar renewable energy industry.
Based on a direct plasma PECVD parallel plate process chamber design, distinctive inline material handling system architecture and industry leading low power consumption, the new Aurora PECVD® will allow photovoltaic cell manufacturers to improve their device performance and increase productivity while reducing manufacturing costs.