VIEW JOBS12/5/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-05T00:00Evans Distribution Systems, a leading third party logistics provider in the US, is looking for a candidate for the position of Customer Service Representative in Detroit
Position Overview:The Customer Service Representative carries out all customer service activities such as responding to inquiries, processing orders, and handling complaints, in a prompt, courteous, and effective manner.
Starting wage $15.00
Essential Job functions:
* Process and input all customer orders.
* Run various stock reports to check for product availability.
* Review and enter all inbound tally documents on system; verify discrepancies.
* Generate all related paperwork and other necessary information required for customer work orders; bill customer accordingly.
* Awareness and understanding of billing/ rating structure.
* Coordinate special rush order requests with transportation and operations.
* Notify customers of any activity concerning their product, provide shipping/ receiving information to customer enabling them to trace shipments as required.
* Follow- up with other departments to ensure service standards are being met.
* Overall knowledge of computer systems and related programs.
* Assure proper invoicing of accounts; verification of computer generated invoices; issue credits when appropriate; review, mail and file all month-end billing in a timely manner.
* Maintain damage records and back order logs; handle returned product efficiently.
* Reconcile physical inventories when requested.
* Maintain all hazardous material information on system and MSDS maintenance.
* Prepare and provide special reports as requested to customers, operations, or management.
* Assist warehousemen with inquiries.
* Effectively communicate to management all pertinent information received by customer.
* Prepare and send out invoices to the customer.
* Maintain a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning shipments, receipts, inventory counts, work-orders, invoices, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner.
* Report customer feedback to management, particularly, any signs of customer dissatisfaction. Advise Account Manager, Project Coordinator, and Business Division when parameters of the account change.
* Act as a liaison between the customer and the warehouse, and between the customer and management.
* Assist accounting in all A/R functions, past due invoices, etc.
* Effectively correspond with customers as required (written or verbal).
* Maintain current and accurate procedures which details the processing requirements for each account. (ISO work papers)
* Oversee all routine and special paperwork associated with inbounds, outbound, OS&D, etc.
* Complete a daily time sheet with accurate allocation of time per account.
* Education -High school education required. Some college beneficial.
* Experience – (3) year experience in a similar position required
* Training – Annual seminar or training session on customer service or related topic.
* Travel - there is no required travel for this position.
* Testing – Must be able to pass pre-employment testing.
We will only accept and consider resumes/applications that are submitted through our company website at www.evansdist.com/careers.aspx
Evans Distribution CompanyDetroitMI
VIEW JOBS12/5/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-05T00:00The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual "50 Best Places to Work" award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal "Best of the Best"
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required: Professional Pre-Hire Assessment
* Implements and coordinates continuous improvement projects and processes in Customer Service. Performs analytical and lead worker level activities related to continuous improvement initiatives and ongoing activities designed to establish and promote a continuous improvement culture in Customer Service. Interprets data, identifies trends, conducts root cause analyses, and conducts benchmarking studies to determine best improvement projects for Customer Service. Ensures that improvement projects are aligned with goals to meet: cost saving, customer satisfaction, and revenue generation objectives. Works under general supervision.
* May be responsible for one or more of the following: A.Assisting with difficult interviews. B.Identifying problems with Customer Service IT systems. C.Collecting & reconciling all payments collected and payment agreements. D.Performing quality monitoring. E.Assisting with tracking of absence, overtime and tardiness. F.Interfacing with other organizational units (e.g. IT and telecommunications resolving IT issues). G.Forecasting Call Center complaints and determining schedule requirements. H.Designing & and implementing real time schedules. I.Providing technical expertise to resolve problems. J.Assisting in the coordination of problem resolution of primary customer metering and billing anomalies. K.Performing informal training & coaching to Customer Service Representatives. L.Maintaining confidentiality of employee records and information. M.Maintaining budget records and monitoring expenses. N.Developing, monitoring, changing & communicating operating procedures. O.Analyzing customer complaints and providing written responses. P.Tracking & reporting performance statistics. Q.Providing consultation to the Escalated Customer Assistance (ECAC) liaisons. R.Enforcing Service Level Agreements regarding timely resolution and completion of complaints. S.Maintaining a Quality Control/Service Recovery.
* Gathers information, analyzes, designs, recommends and implement solutions in area of responsibility, identifying & utilizing appropriate tools.
* Performs investigations and statistical, trend, root cause and benchmarking analyses, proffering related recommendations.
* Conducts studies and analyzes the effectiveness of systems and related processes in order to make process-related enhancements.
* Determines process improvements needs and initiatives in Customer Service; prioritizes and implements related process improvements.
* Provide input into strategic planning for Customer Service.
* Applies teambuilding skills to activities involving multiple teams & (multiple) internal clients.
* Make formal and informal presentations.
* Plans (including estimations of time and resources) necessary to complete assignments.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
* High school or GED and 3 years of experience in job-relevant capacities
* Associate or Bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration, Industrial Engineering (preengineering in the Associate degree curriculum), Economics, or a related curriculum (in addition to the 3 year experience requirement).
* Project planning and implementation experience; exposure to continuous improvement projects
* Analytical & problem solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from among a broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
* Management of multiple tasks, issues, or projects that require innovation, teamwork & planning.
* Flexibility and the ability to work under changing priorities.
* Perseverance and a risk taker.
* Consulting & influencing skills consistent with the ability to build relationships and influence parties at all levels of the business unit to adapt to changing expectations and programs.
* Written and verbal communications and presentation skills consistent with the ability to present results of projects and research to all levels of staff/management within the Business Unit.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
VIEW JOBS12/3/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-03T00:00Location:
19001 Joy Rd, Detroit, Michigan 48228 United States of America
Are you an enthusiastic, highly motivated person that would love to start your career in the retail industry with U-Haul?
If you are looking for an excellent opportunity that will allow you to grow in an exciting work place; look no further.
U-Haul is growing with more than 1700 Moving and Storage locations in the U.S. and Canada, it's no wonder our company has been an excellent source of career and personal growth opportunities for more than 70 years!
We are seeking High Energy, Positive individuals that like to make customers smile!
In this role you will be part of a driven team and working alongside with some of the top managers in our industry. As a Customer Service Representative you will enjoy flexible scheduling around school, sports and family life! You will work with other team members who have a similar passion for working with customers and making their day. You will be a part of a team that gives back to your community and environment! Our associates receive opportunities for growth and advancement and can be promoted into Assistant Manager and General Management positions!
U-Haul meet our customers' needs and demands. U-Haul's needs for Customer Service Representatives are significantly greater on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Day to day duties of a Customer Service Representative:
As a Customer Service Representative you will interface with U-Haul customers to identify what they are looking for so that you can recommend the best moving supplies or storage solutions for their moving needs. A Customer Service Representative will assist customers inside the U-Haul Center by educating them on our products and services, answering questions, and preparing rental invoices. Once properly trained, Customer Service Representatives may also assist customers outside on the lot as well by installing trailer hitches and light wiring harnesses on customer's vehicles, ensuring vehicle fluid levels are properly filled, performing clean-up of trucks, trailers, and other rental items, and accepting equipment returned from rental.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Interact with our guests in a friendly, fast, courteous and efficient manner
* Attention to detail in order to promote positive customer interactions
* Hear and sense customer needs and keep your manager and fellow team members informed
* Complete training and maintain knowledge by participating in on-line and hands on educational and training opportunities
* Take pride in every aspect of your work and perform it with energy and enthusiasm
* Be a strong team player, with a commitment to continuous learning who provides high quality service to our customers
Click on the link below to learn more about the job.
* Very Competitive Pay
* Flexible Hours
* Military Veterans highly encouraged to apply
* Uniforms Provided
* Valid driver's license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
* Adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving
High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.