University Of Colorado
Colorado Springs , CO 80928
Posted 5 months ago
Applications submitted by Monday, May 13, 2019 will receive full consideration.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
Candidates are required to submit the following to be considered for this position:
- Resume, with date ranges, whether it was full or part time, and hours per week work.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
Starting Salary: $27,276.00 annual ($2,273.00 month)
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Recruiting for Multiple Positions (a variety of schedules will be available)
The purpose for this work unit is to provide comprehensive cleaning and building support services through the use of defined methods, materials, and equipment in order to provide an environment that is safe, clean, comfortable, and sanitary for the building occupants.
The key responsibilities include:
- Cleans, sanitizes, and maintains restrooms, classrooms, auditoriums, study rooms, conference rooms, hallways, elevators, common areas, offices, mail rooms, stairwells, entrances, vending areas, mini kitchens, laboratories, unassigned interior and exterior spaces, breakrooms, floors (hard and carpeted), windows, supporting and light fixtures, furniture, white boards, and all other space components. Removes trash and recycle material from all building spaces following defined methods. Provides coverage for other buildings and/or areas based on coverage for leave of another custodian. Replenishes supplies, maintains inventory to ensure building standards are maintained. Performs special cleaning projects as identify or assigned by supervisor. Provides custodial support for events on campus. Identifies maintenance deficiencies and reports them to supervisor. Maintains work spaces according to defined methods and department standards. Uses TMA and department systems to manage and account for work productivity. Works in a safe manner following department and or supply manufacturers' recommendations, practices and procedures. Integrates sustainability practices and standards into daily cleaning routine.
Interim, restorative, project cleaning, and spot cleaning:
- Interim cleaning carpet spot machine cleaning, hard surface scrub and recoat, auto scrub, burnishing. Restorative cleaning Furniture moved, and entire carpeted area machine cleaned. Hard surface, strip and refinish VCT and Terrazzo, cement floors. Project cleaning Damp cleaning light fixture lenses and fixtures. Removing gum, washing surfaces and upholstery cleaning of furniture, tables, auditorium seating and partitions. Walk of mat cleaning. Ceiling vent cleaning. Spot cleaning Removing finger smudges, spots, graffiti and solid spots from carpets, entrance doors, walls, partitions, vending machines and baseboards. Works in a safe manor following department and or supply manufacturers' recommendations, practices and procedures.
Minor equipment maintenance:
- Performs minor maintenance on custodial equipment including vacuum cleaners, high speed burnishes, floor buffers (175rpm), extractors, automatic scrubbers and other related equipment to ensure performance of daily tasks can be met. Ensure proper operation of chemical dilution stations. Works in a safe manor following department and or supply manufacturers' recommendations, practices and procedures.
Weather /Seasonal Mitigation/ Essential Personnel Response:
- Perform snow removal and ice control tasks per building seasonal requirements and as assigned by the on-duty Section Supervisor. Works in a safe manor following department and or supply manufacturers' recommendations, practices and procedures. Respond and perform to essential services as assigned based on the needs for health and safety of all building occupants.
- Minimum of 16 hours of training yearly relating to safety on the job and specific custodial methods.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Manager or Director.
Candidates must understand, and comply with the following:
Pre-employment Physical: Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry up to 50 lbs.
Ongoing Functional Capacity Testing
Pre-employment Drug Testing
Drug Free Workplace
Driver's License Requirement
Essential Services Designation Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare
Successful pass a Background Check
Shift Work Employee may be expected to work various shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays, depending on the needs of the building or work group
Use, Handling, or Exposure to hazardous materials Lab areas & exposure to cleaning products
Infectious Materials/Human Blood or Bodily Fluids
Demonstrated experience effectively working within a diverse population
Demonstrated organizational commitment
Effective customer service/interpersonal skills
Attention to details
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Must be a Colorado resident.
Six months or more custodial experience.
Valid Driver's License Regular.