Custodian I (Nights)
Amsterdam , NY 12010
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Look no further...Liberty ARC is the place for you! We offer the chance to have a fulfilling career, with numerous opportunities to make a REAL difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Recently named a Times Union Top Workplace, Liberty ARC is proud of our more than 60 years of providing top-quality supports and services.As one of Montgomery Countys largest employers, we strive to ensure that all employees feel like they make a difference and are part of something special. If youre looking for an inspiring profession with many life-long rewards, we want YOU!
Custodian I (Nights)Location:
Non ExemptReports To:
Custodian Supervisor Physical Requirements:
Lift up to 50 pounds, standing, bending, walking, and climbingHours of Work:
Monday thru Friday, 20 hours per week, 4:00 pm 8:00 pm. Additional hours as needed.Job Summary:
Custodian I DSC (Nights) will be responsible to maintain building appearance and cleanliness at multiple locations.Job Qualifications:
- High school or GED is required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in custodial services is required.
- Good working knowledge of cleaning equipment and procedures is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Valid NYS Drivers license is required.
- Maintain facilities according to specifications for custodial maintenance as assigned.
- Provide backup for Custodial Supervisor as required.
- Maintain equipment as agreed.
- Maintain materials inventory and request materials as necessary.
- Follow all department/agency policies and procedures.
- Follow safe operating procedures with regard to use of tools of the trade. This includes the use of knives and cutting devices in the course of work. This position is exempt from the knives restriction as outlined in the Workplace Violence Prevention Policy as knives are considered tools of the trade.
- Provide person centered individual attention to all individuals we support.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liberty reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.