Creative + UX Designer
Washington , DC 20005
Posted 2 months ago
Do you love turning great ideas into delightful web designs? Do you like having a say in the creative process rather than just doing what a client asks? Do you relish the chance to use your design skills for good? GlobalGiving.org is looking for a Createive + UX Designer to join our team.
As our Creative + UX Designer, youll craft the creative visual direction, branding identity, user experience, print and web design of GlobalGiving. They report to and work with the Chief Product Officer to transform business requirements into compelling and engaging user experiences that inspire our global audience to take action and connect with people and projects on our site. We want people to smile, laugh, share, and inspire others as a result of yourand ourwork.
- Design: Research, create, and produce designs for our website and digital media such as email, marketing campaigns, and social. Occasionally design for print media, presentations, video, swag, brochures, and other media as needed.
- User Experience (UX): Work with the rest of the Product team to develop and iterate on the user experience of GlobalGiving.org to improve customer satisfaction and increase our impact.
- User Interface (UI): Use best practices and the latest research to refine the interface of our product, develop wireframes, and create user flows with high-fidelity Sketch mockups for products and features.
- Branding: Maintain the visual integrity and consistency of the GlobalGiving brand across all materials as well as cultivate its growth and evolution.
- Developer-friendly: Work with a small team of developers in an Agile/Scrum environment to transform business requirements into functional, responsive, brand-compliant, visually pleasing page and product designs.
- Content Marketing: Develop creative and templates for outreach materials such as toolkits, brand story & guidelines, presentation templates, infographics, and reports.
- Collaborative Spirit: Use exceptional communication and listening skills to manage relationships with other teams and outside agencies on projects.
- Keep Learning: Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the ever-changing design industry trends and stay current on UX/UI best practices and standards, sharing knowledge and implications with the rest of the team.
- Organize: Create documentation that enables developers to build software that fosters a highly functional, clear user experience. Ensure all design project files are complete, current, and stored/archived appropriately.
- User Feedback: Assist with usability testing and iterate on interface designs based on feedback.
- Versatile + Agile: Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and switch between tasks, software, and types of projects quickly and productively.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in professional graphic design, preferably in web design.
- Mastery of creative software - including Sketch and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign - and knowledge of how to turn these designs into working web pages and brand collateral. Experience with video editing or animation a plus.
- Passionate about owning and advancing our visual identity across a variety of media, including web, email, print, t-shirts, and more.
- Up-to-date knowledge and ability to apply user interface design and user experience principles to responsive, mobile-friendly web design.
- Ability to manage external design contractors to ensure that we have a consistent look-and-feel and that projects stay on time and on budget.
- Vision of how different aspects of the web site fit together into a cohesive user experience and what elements need to be changed, added, or removed to improve the experience.
- Sense of humor, belief in our core values, and desire to change the world.
Benefits include flexible work hours, a family-friendly culture, a fully loaded Macbook Pro, telecommuting one day a week, a convenient downtown DC location, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped rescue 97 girls from bonded labor in Nepal." (One of many true stories.) And don't worry - we've also got the usual benefits like health care, dental/vision, commuter benefits, 401K, and paid vacation.
Salary range: $55k-$65k. This position is based in our Washington DC office and reports to our Chief Product Officer.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.