Creative Brand Designer
San Francisco , CA 94103
Posted 4 months ago
Onfidos vision is an open world where identity is the key to access. We verify the worlds identities using AI and biometrics. Our technology helps businesses bring more people onto their platforms, driving down fraud and cost. We work with global brands like Revolut, BBVA and Allstate, and our investors include Microsoft and Salesforce.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
Group: Growth | Function: Marketing | Team: Brand Design
This is an exciting time to join Onfido - the infancy of a new brand that has a huge amount to offer in the Silicon Valley. As our Creative Brand Designer youll be our trailblazer and have creative freedom to interpret the Onfido brand directive and convey through web design, print, presentation and motion design.
Youll be ready to develop your existing skills by working with senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. Youll be responsible for helping to drive the creative direction of campaigns, an understanding of typography, layout, animation and art direction will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible.
There will be significant variety in the role but common activities will include:
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV, portfolio and application:
- A background of working as part of a design team
- Creative industry experience
- Significant experience with leading design software packages, including:
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- From time-to-time you may need to work hours that arent typical, so a flexible approach is needed to get the best from the job.
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together- Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other
- Take Pride- Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador
- Learn Things, Share Them- Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others
- Find a Better Way- Fix what's broken and make what works even better
- Create Customer Buzz- Craft an experience that customers rave about
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options in Onfido - our valuation has historically doubled in value every 6 months
- 401(k) - you can contribute what you like (up to the federal limit of $18.5k per annum) and Onfido matches your contribution, up to 4% of your total salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) of 23 days per year, plus 10 Federal Holidays- Onfido believes passionately in work/ life balance!
- Rich health, vision and dental benefits offered via our partner TriNet. TriNet gives you flexibility to choose a plan that suits you and Onfido now covers 100% of the cost of our elected base plans for you and 50% for your dependents
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Volunteer days- 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Snacks, juices and fresh fruit every day
- Subsidised gym memberships and company sponsored sports (such as yoga and spin) to keep the mind clear and the body strong
- Monthly dinners, quarterly socials (including cookery classes and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture - we meet for a Friday forum (OnFriday) to engage peers informally over drinks.
- If youre relocating from another country to join then well get you an Airbnb for the first month.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem solving
- On site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In line with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.