CPC Certified Medical Coder
San Antonio , TX 78205
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a positive person who is interested in being a success and will help take the company to the next level. The Medical Coder is responsible for evaluating medical records documentation, coding all diagnoses and procedures on medical records and data entry or patient information. The seasoned professional for this job need superior communication and computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 5 years’ medical coding experience
- Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practice
- Familiarity with ICD-10 codes and procedures codes
- Ensure correct coding compliance for procedures performed for various specialties
- Work in a high volume medical coding and collections environment while maintaining exceptional standards of excellence.
- Relays any necessary information to necessary departments.
- Participates in educational activities and reports needed the information to the Reimbursement Manager.
- Maintains expert knowledge of coding work-flow and optimizes the use of available technology.
- Responsible for helping review insurance denials related to diagnosis issue.
- Certification preferred prior to hire date
- Excellent typing and 10-key speed and accuracy
- Superior mathematical skills
- Commitment to a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy prefer
- Conduct audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise
- Collaborate with the billing department to ensure all bills are satisfied in a timely manner
Skills and Abilities:
Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodations, including but not limited to:
- Ability to work independently and as a group
- Skill in fast data entry and accuracy.
- High level of discretional, interpersonal skills.
- Tactfulness in dealing with patients, co-workers, and other professional offices.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Is the subject-matter expert for coding staff and leadership; effectively communicates information to staff and coding leadership. Provides ongoing feedback to staff.
Experience and Training:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in coding physician or surgeon claims
- Coding certification from an accredited professional coding organization, such as the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) CPC, CCS, CCA
- Knowledge of CMS and AMA coding guidelines
- Knowledge of EMR system
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory government provisions.
- Knowledge of laws that regulates communication and privacy act. HIPAA laws and understanding of the application of all above.