Counter Manager - Nordstrom Montgomery MD
Westlake , MD 20817
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Nordstrom team is currently recruiting a Counter Manager to support our Charlotte TIlbury counter!
This position will be part of the Nordstrom team but will be responsible for the Charlotte Tilbury counter. This is a key role in this hot new brand, led by the number 1 make-up artist in the industry. You will be responsible for leading and inspiring a team to record breaking sales through delivering an exceptional service experience. Working closely with your Department Manager and the Charlotte Tilbury Account Executive you will develop the team performance and skill, inspiring them to continue to drive their abilities and results to the next level. A strong understanding of the business, a desire to achieve targets and overcome challenges are essential. You will have managed a team and have retail and account management experience.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Counter Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient operations of the Charlotte Tilbury brand at Nordstrom. Always demonstrating the 5 Ps Professional, Proactive, Passionate, Prescriptive and Potential. An ambassador for the Charlotte Tilbury brand, the Counter Manager will reflect the brand values and customer base. Responsible for achieving optimal financial results by maximizing top line sales potential and ensuring superior service to our customers. Overseeing the day-to-day operations on counter. The Counter Manager is also responsible for anticipating needs while executing with excellence the sales, events, merchandising, operations, training and employee development, among other tasks in this position.
This role exudes passion and enthusiasm for Charlotte Tilbury to the customer, delivering a unique and personalized shopping experience.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive financial results in store to meet and exceed plan. Including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) examples; Average Unit Sales (AUS) and Items Per Transaction (IPT)
- Lead by example on personal KPI goals.
- Communicate and manage agreed goals with the staff.
- Responsible for being specialist amongst the retail artistry brands, demonstrating entrepreneurial spirit within the parameters of the Company guidelines.
- Customer Service
- Manage customer queries, through the use of sound judgement and achieving positive outcomes
- Build partnership with the Account Executive and Area Trainer to ensure continuous training and development of the team to ensure Charlotte Tilbury standards are achieved in both areas of service and artistry
- Take every opportunity to extend exceptional customer service beyond the in-store experience. For example; makeup applications, Charlottetilbury.com and proactive use of the customer database to build clientele opportunities in line with Company guidelines.
- Team management
- Proactively anticipate staffing needs, including sourcing and selecting talent to deliver business objectives, inclusive of a bench for freelance and permanent staff.
- Determine individual and team sales targets to meet and exceed plan
- Analyze business performance and proactively plan strategy within day to day business and events.
- Consistently promote the Tilbury Touch to the team and customers.
- Lead by example always to promote the Tilbury Touch and exceptional customer service
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of open and positive communication, professionalism and creativity always through team meetings and a collaborative management style
- Recognize and celebrate great performance
- Ensure that the counter is customer ready from open to close of business
- Maintain the required inventory levels and accurate stock files
- Control store expenses (i.e. counter consumables) within budget guidelines
- Implement visual merchandising, new launch displays and collateral placement as directed by the marketing team
- Maintain technology on counter
- Raise operational issues for resolution in a timely manner
- Store and Retail Partner Relationships
- Establish and develop a cooperative and mutually respectful relationship with the store retail operations team
- Proactively suggest win-win opportunities to drive sales within store
- Schedule team to optimize coverage according to customer flow
- Ensure the Company cash loss prevention procedures and security policies are adhered to
- Maintain excellent counter hygiene standards
- Maintain the store standards and policies at all times
Subject to Nordstrom benefits.