Counter IED Explosive Evidence Triage Technician
First Division Consulting
Indian Head , MD 20640
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Receives, documents, and disseminates evidence throughout level II lab.
- Ensures proper chain of custody is maintained for all evidence in the lab.
- Brief and train replacement personnel on all Lab and Triage SOP's.
- Use X-ray devices to confirm explosive safety of recovered IED components.
- Perform forensic photography of device and component configuration as recovered.
- Use explosive testing and other diagnostic equipment/tools to identify explosives, homemade explosives, precursors and unknowns.
- Analyze X-ray data for identification of initiators/explosives/power, sources/firing circuits/components, and booby traps.
- Execute immediate actions per SOP to mitigate any explosive threat to personnel and facilities discovered during triage observing all associated safety precautions.
- Confirm Level I exploitation and prioritize evidence and case accordingly.
- Ensure storage compatibility and accountability of samples and components awaiting transfer to Level III exploitation.
- Produce technical reports on findings and develop device profiles.
- Work with and train U.S. and partner nations forces on proper evidence documentation and Level I exploitation.
- Supervise Level II Exploitation Triage personnel.
- Graduate of the Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal.
- Minimum qualification as a Master Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician with 10 years of experience.
- Experience working with a Counter-IED Task Force, CEXC, WTI, C-IED Team, DTK Lab, JEFF, TEDAC facility, other NGIC, DIA or ATF Lab; interagency or state/local law enforcement lab.
- Prior U.S. Military or civilian experience working in EOD or C-IED
- Physical ability and commitment to deploy globally as a CEXC team member.
- Ability to possess/handle firearms in support of CEXC operations.
- Familiarity with Asymmetric Threat and Tactical Analysis Case Book (ATTAC), WTI Exploitation and Analysis Tool (WEAT), WTI Lexicon, SIPRNET and Community of Interest databases and portals.
- Intimate familiarity with lab processes and work flow for level II exploitation efforts.
- Familiarity with Universal profiling and schema.
- Current knowledge of global IED device and TTP threat.
- Eligible for both US Tourist Passport and US Official Passport.
- Current/Previous DOD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
We offer a complete benefits package to include medical insurance with prescription coverage, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, health savings account (HSA), long-term disability (LTD), short-term disability (STD), accident insurance, employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off (PTO), holidays, jury duty, bereavement leave, military leave, and 401(k) with company match.
FirstDiv is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.