Council Community Manager
San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
NationSwell is a leading social impact media company. We're a platform for problem-solvers, with the mission to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. We advance this mission through NationSwell.com, a platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem-solvers which reached 200M people last year; through the NationSwell Council, a special membership community of more than 800 (and growing) service-minded leaders who share a passion for taking action around solutions and collaborating with and supporting each other; and our Studio, where we work with mission-aligned companies, foundations and not-for-profits like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Cisco, Kauffman Foundation, and The Nature Conservancy to support and amplify their social impact efforts through story-telling, digital distribution and creative campaigns.
We love our team, and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible working environment, an amazing culture and a strong dedication to our mission.
The NationSwell Council Community Manager will help build and cultivate our dynamic and impactful national community. This individual will drive significant individual member growth, deepen community engagement, and be an external ambassador for the NSC. The Community Manager is an intrapreneur who will provide strategic insights and new ideas around ways to drive impact for individual members and the NSC, collectively, as well as company-wide.
Responsibilities + How Youll Contribute:
- Meet explicit goals around new member growth, member portfolio renewal, community engagement, and overall member satisfaction
- Drive NSC growth via individual recruitment of 2 new members per month; contribute to institutional member recruitment and growth
- Actively and regularly engage with a dedicated portfolio of NSC members (in person/via phone) to provide value and generate impact
- Work closely with NSC leadership and members themselves to ensure that the member experience reflects the company vision and expectations
- Contribute to the development and creation of NSC products and programs supporting growth, reach, member experience, and impact
- Attend NSC events, engage with members, and leverage occasions for strategic introductions and additional member recruitment
- Represent NationSwell at a variety of external events and convenings in order to connect with, and recruit, new NSC members
- Track and analyze data related to member growth, community participation, and experience; use data to drive decisions, make adjustments, and inform strategy
- Contribute to - and create - systems that track, measure and share impact; constantly gather instances of impact to share with internal and external stakeholders
- Direct experience building + sustaining a community
- 5+ years of professional experience (3-4 yrs of client-facing and/or community)
- A people person, able to engage with very senior-level professionals (founders, partners, CEOs, executive directors)
- Must have a deep knowledge of - and strong passion for - the value of community and movement building; must be able to articulate the value of community as a force for social change and innovation
- Enjoys and takes pride in being a doer + self starter; comfortable in a nimble, fast-paced environment
- Goal-oriented, driven, determined, highly energetic, hard-working, creative + unfailingly dependable
- Believe in+ embody our core values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation+ Inspiration
We love our staffand to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.