JLM Strategic Talent Partners
Boston , MA 02108
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
JLM Strategic Talent Partners is seeking a Cost Engineer to join a major construction project in Boston, MA. The Cost Engineer will be responsible for coordinating, managing, and supporting the cost and scheduling tasks for the project.
- Maintain business processes in compliance with policies, procedures and contract terms
- Work alongside project teams to assure reporting data integrity. Perform quality assurance of individual Project reports and assist the teams in enhancing consistency and accuracy of all reporting information
- Perform independent and proactive analysis and trouble-shooting of project and program reporting information with development of concise solution recommendations for complex problems
- Provide information and mentoring to team members in the areas of controls, risk management, budgeting and forecasting, driving consistency and compliance of business processes and reporting
- Provide support to Program Controls Managers and project teams as needed to meet reporting deliverables in a timely manner
- Produce monthly program reporting deliverables such as cash flows and contingency analysis
- Support the review and approval activities for baseline and subsequent updated schedules
- Assist in determining the scheduling sequence for design, bidding, and awarding construction and professional services contracts to achieve the schedule project completion
- Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Business (or related field) Degree
- 5-7 years of experience in Cost Engineering / Project Controls in the construction industry
- Fully versed with Project Control principles, techniques and industry standard tools
- Thorough understanding of cost controls, including budgets, commitments and earned data, use of KPIs and analysis of variance
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to conduct team work sessions and comfortable presenting in front of groups
- Proven track record of an attention to detail with high levels of accuracy in work outputs
- Proficient with Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) and other Cost Management tools
JLM Strategic Talent Partners is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.