Cosmetic Formulation Chemist
Austin , TX 78728
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Enviromedica is a fast-growing natural products innovator, manufacturer and distributor located in North Austin, Texas. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated team player to help drive the development of our natural and organic consumer products. Be a part of a growing company that is well-targeted to a values-driven community and based on integrity and product quality.
Our beautiful facility includes plenty of natural light, contemporary design, and a new R&D lab with modern process equipment and instrumentation.Position Overview
We are looking for a talented chemist to develop new formulas as well as optimize and/or reformulate existing ones. They should be comfortable formulating with natural raw materials and working within various natural and organic certification standards depending on project goals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and develop innovative and differentiated product solutions from concept to commercialization with a focus on clean label formulations and green chemistry; modify or improve existing formulas
- Maintain clear and accurate records of formulations, procedures, observations, results
- Oversee and direct process scale up, including manufacturing batch adjustments and troubleshooting
- Conduct stability testing and troubleshoot unstable formulas to ensure commercial feasibility
- Maintain working knowledge of raw material innovations and emerging research in the cosmetic science field by proactively researching new concepts, materials, processes, and technical opportunities
- Source and validate new raw materials according to internal standards
- Train and direct technicians in laboratory procedures
- Contribute to routine laboratory housekeeping and day-to-day functions of the R&D laboratory
- Maintain a working knowledge of cosmetic regulations for cosmetics/active ingredient regulations
- Serve as a technical and problem-solving resource
- Support other R&D functions, PMG, Regulatory
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering or related scientific discipline
- 5+ years formulating experience in cosmetic / personal care
- Working knowledge, and progressive understanding of natural emulsion techniques (o/w, w/o, and micro-emulsions), thickeners, surfactants, actives, preservation systems
- Creative thinking, technical writing and organizational skills
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work independently
Please include salary requirements upon submitting a resume.
We offer an encompassing benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO and 8 paid Holidays per year.