Corrosion/Materials Engineer 5 - Lasso
Aecom Technology Corporation
Kennedy Space Center , FL 32899
Posted 3 weeks ago
Purpose and Scope:
Serves as support for corrosion engineering and corrosion testing for a variety of corrosion related projects for ground support and launch environments at the Kennedy Space Center. The selected candidate will evaluate coatings and types of corrosion and corrosion control, and provide support to a qualification testing laboratory.
- Works with and assists senior engineers/scientists in the performance of assignments. Typically, assignments are
restricted to those situations where more simple and standard practices and processes are used, and where the
environment is understood.
- Functions in an assistant capacity, typically working with senior staff members, carrying out predetermined phases
of the assignments designed to provide broad exposure to the basic aerospace materials (metals, intermetallic,
ceramics, polymers, and composites) as well as general engineering principles to develop and test aerospace
materials for space flight exploration.
- Requires an understanding of corrosion fundamentals; types of corrosion, some knowledge of conditions leading to
corrosion, coatings, galvanic coupling, and the chemistry of corrosion.
- Analyzes data, issues, and information that support project recommendations or the work assignments of higher-
grade specialists. Prepares well-researched and logically organized presentations related to work assignments.
- Perform other related or associated duties as required.
- AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
- Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
- Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to their job.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent. Five (5) years of job related experience required.
Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. U.S. citizenship required for unescorted access to assigned work area(s). Must be able to successfully pass a National Agency Check w/Inquiries.
NACE or SSPC certification preferred.
Experience with frequent use and application of technical standards, principles and theories preferred.